Chapter 109

"At the base of these mountains here, we can stop at the most hustling outpost in all the Land of Rice Paddies." Pervy sage said pointing at the map. His finger was right before a pair of lips and we knew what is meant. "Ah, you're just looking for crazy hot spots in the name of research, Pervy Sage." Naruto said. "Yeah, enough's enough already. We were barley able to shake off those bodyguards from the last place you dragged us to." Sakura said. "Mm-hm" Naruto said as we both nodded our head.

Pervy sage leaned back and sighed. "Listen, you three. I know what you're saying, but we don't have a choice here. This is the only way to find the Village Hidden in the Sound. I don't like it any better than you do, alright? Still, that's the predicament were in. Sometimes you have to stomach things you might not like. And I'm just the man to do it." Pervy sage said while we were making faces at him. Why even try with the guy?..

"Okay. Let's go! Come on, you slowpokes. Quit dragging those feet." Pervy sage said happily walking out of the little place we were in. The rest of us just walked out normally and annoyed with him. He's awfully happy for his "investigation".

"Investigation. Investigation. What a chore! Investigation." He said happily skipping down the path we were walking on. "Peppy, isnt he?" Sakura said as pervy sage continued. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Naruto said and I just sighed.

~

We all stared with our mouth open in disbelief. We watched as guys would punch eachother, yell, and just walking around drunk. "Aw, man. Look at this dump. It's even worse than the last one." Naruto said. "Seriously." I said. "Let's just pass on through this place and keep looking for the Hidden Sound Village." Sakura said.

I noticed Pervy sage staring at something so I followed his eyes and saw that he was staring at a huge sign of a woman in a two piece winking at us. We all sighed knowing what was going to happen next. Pervy sage was making his weird noises while smiling. He looked down at us "So, uh-" he said. "Look, I dont have anymore money, okay?" Naruto said. "Yeah, forget it. I dont have any money left, either." Sakura said. "I'm not giving you what I have" I said folding my arms. I refuse to give him my money after the fist time he stole it from me.

Pervy sage was searching through his clothes for a second and threw a small bag at Naruto. "Here. I want you guys to go get some food with that, and wait in the temple on the outskirts of town." He said. We looked at the bag and then at eachother. "Information tends to gather in places like this, but I wont corrupt the eyes of the innocent. I'll sacrifice myself, and see what I can dig up around here." Pervy sage said and began to walk off.

"He sure has a good heart, doesn't he?" Sakura said. I turned my head towards her with a confused expression. "Gee, Sakura. You really are naive, you know that?" Naruto said. I'll admit that sometimes he has his nice moments, but he also has the moments of when he violently shakes Naruto upside down to get every bit of money.

~

"Neh. Let the Pervy Sage do his thing. We can have a look around on our own." Naruto said as we walked down a path. Naruto was eating his food and noticed that Sakura was quiet. "What's up? Is something wrong, Sakura?" Naruto asked. She made a shocked expression for a second but looked at both of us. "I dont think Sasuke is in this land anymore." Sakura said. I widened my eyes for a second. "Hey, what are you talking about? We can't be sure of anything until we've had a good look around." Naruto said.

"Yeah, I know." Sakura said. "We're dealing with Orochimaru here. We knew it would be difficult. But it doesn't matter." I said. I turned to Sakura and Naruto and smiled. "I mean, we're definitely going to find him, Sakura."

Sakura lifted her expression. "You're right." She said while smiling. We all went back to eating our food until I heard some rustling in the bushes beside me. I snapped my fingers to get Sakura's attention because I knew Naruto would ignore me. She looked over at me and I slowly pointed to the bushes. The rustling got louder "Naruto!" Sakura shouted while Naruto was just taking another bite.