Chapter 51

Everyone gasped as when they saw it wasn't Gaara. "An empty shell!" Sakura yelled. "But how? When did he do it?" Guy asked. "It was when you closed your eyes to pray. At that moment, Lee closed his eyes too because of the pain. That's when he did it." Kakashi said. Gaara appeared behind Lee, coming out of the sand. He started scary laughing. "So it happened. Just as I thought. That look in his eyes. It could only mean the demon inside him has been awakened." Kankuro said frightened.

Gaara put his hands together and smiled. A whole bunch of sand went flying up and towering over Lee. It tackled Lee and threw him to the ground. Lee tried to get up but he fell back down. Gaara smiled more and he continued to summon sand. Sand surrounded Gaara, ready to attack Lee. "Run Lee!" Naruto yelled and at the same time I yelled "Lee!" A gigantic wave of sand hit Lee and picked him up. It shoved Lee in the wall, Lee slid down and nore sand crushed Lee.

"The poor kid is helpless. He doesnt have anything left. Gaara's just toying with him now." Kankuro said. Gaara licked his lips as be smiled. "I dont get it. What's Lee doing just standing there? With his speed, he should easily be able to get out of the way of those blasts. Why doesn't he dodge them?" Sakura asked. "For a very simple reason. He can't dodge them." Guy sensei said. "Huh? Why is that?" Sakura asked.

"The lotus is what you might call a double-edged sword." Kakashi sensei said. "Wha- What does that mean?" Sakura asked. "You know that it's a forbidden technique. Why do you think that it?" Sakura looked down and Kakashi continued "The Lotus isnt ninjutsu or genjutsu. It's taijutsu requiring extreme physical effort. The strain it puts on the body is u unimaginable. No one can sustain it for long. Right now, Lee is in so much pain he can hardly move at all. Isn't that right, Guy?"

"But- but that means-" sakura said looking back at the fight. Lee had his arms out and he was in a huge dent in the wall. Shots of sand came flying at Lee again so he jumped out of the way. Lee was breathing heavily and he started groaning in pain. "No ninjutsu or genjutsu." Sakura said. "All he's got is taijutsu. And not much of that." Ino said "Theres no way he can win this." Choji said "win? He'll be lucky to survive." Shikamaru said. "Lee..." Guy said.

Sand came flying at Lee and crushed him. Lee screamed in pain as he was being hit. Lee got up after the sand ran out. He started running and more sand tried to hit him. "He should quit while he can. It was just bad luck he got Gaara as an opponent." Kankuro said. "Huh? Come on, Bushy Brow." Naruto said quietly. I tightened my grip on Narutos jacket as I watched.

Lee was now sitting on the ground breathing heavily. A huge wave of sand came from behind Gaara and hit Lee. He screamed as he went flying back. Gaara was making a wheezing growling noise as he smiled. Lee stood up and put his arms up in defense. "Heheheh. What good do you think that'll do?" Gaara asked.

"I pity the kid. Gaara will just toy with him till he begs for mercy." Kankuro said. "Well, then, Gaara's in for a long match because that will never happen. Lee doesnt know how to give up." Guy sensei said. Sand hit Lee and caused him to fall back. More sand crashed into his back causing him to scream.

Lee stood up with his arms blocking his face. "He can't go on. Make him quit before he gets himself skilled." Sakura yelled. Sand spun around Gaara and lifted up. Lee stood strong as he smiled. He dodged the sand with great speed as it almost hit him. "What," Kankuro asked. "He's still able to-" Neji said. "Move like that?" Naruto said finishing Nejis sentence.

"Lee's smiling. He's running for his life. But he's still smiling." Sakura said. Things of sand would attempt to hit Lee, but he would run in time. "Yes. But now it's Gaara's turn to run. The Leaf Village Lutus blooms twice. I've heard that somewhere before. Yeah. Lee told (Y/n) and I that." Sakura said. "But- no. Guy, you didnt." Kakashi said turning to Guy. "Yes, Kakashi, I did." Guy said. "So that Genin, that boy, is able to open the Eight Inner Gates and use the Hidden Lotus?" Kakashi asked. "That's correct."

"Well, if that isnt the most-" Kakashi grunted "Okay. So then how many of the Inner Gates is he able to open now?" Kakashi asked. "Five Gates." Guy said putting his head down. "Okay. What exactly are these Eight Inner Gates you're talking about? And the Hidden Lotus?" Sakura asked. "The eight Gates are like valves or chakra limiters that must be opened if one is to release the Hidden Lotus." Guy sensei said. "I'm still not following." Sakura said.

Kakashi pulled up his headband to use his Sharingan. "There are Gates along the chakra network located at those points in the body where the chakra is most heavily concentrated. Starting at the head, they are the Gate of Opening, the Gate of Rest, of Life, of Pain, of Closing, of Joy, of Shock, and the Gate of Death. These are what are called the Eight Inner Gates. Their purpose is to limit the flow if chakra through the body. But the Lotus exerts tremendous pressure on these limiters, eventually forcing the Gates open. This releases the restraints on the chakra. The result being that a person's strength can be increased tenfold or more."

"The Primary Lotus opens only the First Gate- the Gate of Openig, releasing the brains restraints on the muscles, freeing a person to bring forth its body atreghty to it's full extent. You'll see the results." Guy sensei said. "And, uh, Hidden Lotus? Sakura asked. "At the Second Gate, the Gate of Rest, one's strength is increased further. And at the Third Gate, the Gate of Life, one enters the Hidden Lotus." Guy said. "Wait a minute. Just the Primary Lotus almost destroyed him. He could barely move. What's going to happen to him if he takes it farther?" Sakura asked.

"Exactly. By opening all Eight Gates, you could attain power beyond even the Hokages. The only drawback is..you die. I dont know what this boy means to you, Guy. But I shouldn't have to tell you that we never bring our personal feelings into play. I wouldn't have thought you were capable of this." Kakashi said. "You have no right. You know nothing about him. Nothing at all!" Guy said side glaring at Kakashi.

"That boy has something important to prove. And he's determined to prove it even at the cost of his life. And I am determined to help him reach his goal. Not for his sake. But because that goal is worth reaching." Guy sensei said. "And that is.." Lee said randomly. All of a sudden huge power surrounded Lee. "I don't know what you think you're planning right now. But this match is over for you." Gaara said.

"You are right. It is over one way or another. Neji, Sasuke, and- .. I am not going to be the only one to lose here." Lee said and his hair started to lift up. Lee's skin started turning a reddish color and a blue color started to rise from him. "To protect and maintain one's own ninja way. The third Gate, Gate of Life, open!" Lee yelled and the force of whatever was surrounding him was strong, extremely strong.

Word count- 1308