Chapter 48

Naruto came walking towards us and I gave him a big hug. He seemed surprised but soon hugged back. After Sakura and Lee praising him a bit he started putting the ointment on hit wounds. As soon as he put a little but on his arm, the wound disappeared. "Whoa, this stuff Hinata gave me works fast." Naruto said. He put on the cap of it and handed to to Sakura "Here, want to try it, Sakura?" Naruto asked. I don't think it's the ointment that healed it that fast because if I were to get a small cut, in a few minutes it would be gone completely.

Hinata walked down the stairs and to Kiba as the medic team were taking him away. "Uh, Kiba" Hinata said. Kiba lifted his head to look at her and Hinata held up more ointment. "Here. Here's some healing ointment. It's for you and Akamaru." Hinata said and Kiba just stared at her. After a few seconds he smiled and said "Heh, forget about us. You better start worrying about yourself Hinata."

"What do you mean?" Hinata asked. "Only six left. Just you and Choji, Neji, Lee and then there are those two guys from Sound and Sand Villages. Listen to me, be smart. If they put you in with that guy from the Sand Village, you've got to forfeit the match. Same with Neji. Be smart and just walk away. Trust me, he'll be merciless. He'll destroy you." Kiba's right. Hinata is a sweetheart and if she goes against one of those two, I don't think it'll end well.

"All right, we'll now pick the names for the next match." Hayate said and the screen scrambled names.
NEJI HYUGA VS HINATA HYUGA
I quickly looked over at Hinata and saw the visible fear in her eyes. Oh no..

They both walked up to each other. "I never thought that you and I would have to face each other, Hinata." "Nor I, brother." Hinata said and Sakura asked "What'd she call him?" "Brother!" Naruto yelled and I just stared at them confused. "Those two are brother and sister?" Naruto asked. "They're both descended from the Hyuga clan, one of the most ancient and honorable families of the Hidden Leaf Village, not actually brother and sister like (Y/n) and Naruto." Kakashi said.

"Okay, but they're related somehow, right?" Sakura asked. "Yes. In the way of branch of the great tree is related to its trunk. Technically, they're more like cousins." Kakashi said. "The trunk of a tree?" Naruto asked. "Yes, Hinata belongs to the family's main household, directly descended from the head of the clan. Well, Neji's family is just a side branch of the clan." Lee said. "Still, they're family. And now they have to fight each other. I feel for them. It must be hard." Sakura said. "Yes, but-"

Lee started "But what?" Sakura asked and Lee continued "It may not be as hard as it seems. I have heard that for many generations now, there gas been some bad blood between the two families." "Hmm. And why is that?" Naruto asked.

"I have never known the specifics. But you know about bloodline trait to get ninja clans, like the Uchiha and the Hyuga, special techniques and abilities unique to those families. The first generation of the the Hyuga clan made all sorts of rules and decrees that favor the main branch of the family. Its seems some branches of the family broke these rules. Anyway, it is said that because of that there has been friction between the branches of the clan." "So its like this match is a family feud" Sakura said.

"Look, they're about to start." Kakashi-sensei said and we all looked towards them. "Alright, you may begin when ready." Hayate said. "Before we do this, a word of advice. Hinata, listen to me. Withdraw now. You know you were never meant to be a ninja." Neji said and the expression on Hinatas face hurt.

"You're too kind and gentle. You seek harmony and avoid conflict. You allow yourself to be easily swayed by others. Admit it, you have no confidence. You feel inferior to everyone else here. It would've been better for you to simply remain a Genin, but to register for Chunin exams, you need a team of three. You never even wanted to take part in these exams, but Shino and Kiba did, and you couldn't bear to let your teammates down, could you?"