Chapter 43

I have to admit that has to be the weirdest thing I ever walked in on. The person Kankuro was fighting twirled his whole body around him, like he didnt have any bones. I slowly started walking back towards my teammates. "Woah. What's up with that guys body? That's freaky. I wish I could do that!" Naruto said not noticing me walking up to them. "I dislocate every one of my joints, softening my body. Then with my chakra, I can control it perfectly." The guy said squeezing Kankuros body. "With just his chakra? Woah" Sakura said.

"The more you struggle, the tighter I'll squeeze. I dont know what you're carrying in there, but as long as I have ahold of you, it makes no difference. I could break your neck right now if I wanted to. And I will, unless you give up" "You wanna bet?" Kankuro said and the guy squeezed him harder "You wanna die?" he asked. "You fool, you're the one who's gonna die here." Kankuro said.

There was a snap noise and Kankuros head fell limp. Everyone was silent and after a while Lee said "I think he broke his neck." Naruto and Sakura looked at him shocked. "Tsst. What a fool. Too bad he didnt surrender. Oh well." The guy said and he untightend his grip but when he did, it sounded weird. Weird pieces of something fell onto the ground. 'Kankuro's' head lifted up and turned all the way back to look at the guy. The guy gasped and stared at it. "Now it's my turn, so say goodbye." The puppet I guess had all these parts come out and tie itself around the guy.

The guy struggled to move. The thing that Kankuro brought had the bandages go flying everywhere and I guess the real Kankuro came out. So Kankuro is a puppet master. Kankuro had strings of chakra controlling his puppet. "He controls it with chakra from his hand." Sakura said.

The puppet tightened his grip on the guy and he groaned in pain. "Enough. I give! ahhh!" He yelled in pain as his brones got crushed. "But if your bones are all crushed, just think how much more flexible you'll be. Kankuro said. The guy fell over and didnt move. "Because his opponent is unable to continue, the winner is Kankuro." Hayate said

"Two against one is hitting below the belt, isn't it? I mean, is that thing even fair, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked. "It's not really two against one. It's a puppet, not another ninja." Kakashi said. "Yeah, it's just a Puppet Master Jutsu. He's controlling the puppet with chakra. It's a ninja tool, like a shuriken." Sakura said.

"Oh, (Y/n). Do you feel better now?" Kakashi asked. "(Y/n)? She's back?" Naruto asked turning around. When he turned in my direction he seemed surprised that I was back. "AH! (Y/n)! Man, you were so cool! You stood there shaking for awhile and it had us all confused but you randomly got scary mad and totally defeated that guy!" Naruto yelled. I just awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of my head. "What made you so mad? You're scary when you get that mad!" Naruto said swinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, uh..He just showed me some stuff" I said smiling. "Ye mist of showed you some bad stuff! You rarely get that mad." Naruto said walking to the railing. "I have to use the restroom" sakura said and she walked off.

~

Hayate started coughing. "Now let's continue. It's time to begin the sixth battle." Sakura came walking towards us as the screen scrabbled more names. "Well, no matter who's picked, it'll be two weirdos. This contest is chock-full of them." Naruto said and Kakashi said "Well, you're one to talk." Sakura smiled and said "Yeah, good point." Naruto leaned in and yelled "Hey, gimme a break!"

Sakura giggled a bit but I just stare at the screen. "Ahem" Kakashi said putting his hand on Sakura shoulder. "This isn't the time for laughter." He added whispering in her ear. Sakura looked at the screen and gasped. SAKURA HARUNO VS INO YAMANAKA

They both were standing in front of each other, staring. "I never thought I'd fight you. Or at least I didn't think it would happen this soon. Dont expect me to go easy on you." Ino said. For all the people Sakura has to go up against. I remember that they were childhood friends until Sakura learned about Ino's crush on Sasuke. Also, if it wasnt for Ino and her team, Sakura would have been screwed. "Go, Sakura! You can do it! Don't lose!" Naruto yelled.

"Begin" Hayate said and instantly Sakura and Ino ran at each other. Sakura try to kick her but Ino ducked.  Ino tried to punch her but Sakura dodged. Sakura tried to kick her head but Ino got down on the ground. Sakura kicked low on the ground and Ino jumped back, dodging it. Sakura got out kunais and threw them towards Ino. Ino caught one and threw them at the other kunai, canceling them out. Sakura ran at Ino. "Oh no. I just knew it." Choji said

"Sakura's totally blowing Ino out of the water in this battle!" Naruto yelled. "What a fool." Shikamaru said. Naruto turned his head towards him and asked "What did you say to me?" Shikamaru turned his head towards Naruto and said "Want to make something out of it? Then go ahead 'cause you'll lose." Naruto fully turned towards him and asked "Who do you think you are?"

"That's it? That's as good as Kunoichi  can get at hand-to-hand combat?" Neji asked and it made Narutos ear twitch. He turned his head angrily and yelled "What?" "It's not because they're girls, you know, Neji. It's just that those two are using kid gloves. It doesn't matter if you're a man or woman in battle." Tenten said and it had Naruto confused. "Uh, using kid gloves?" Naruto asked. Tenten is right. I looked back down at them and they were just dodging each others hits.

A little but later Ino punched Sakura in her stomach and she spit a bit. Sakura put her guard down as she held her stomach, that's an opening. Ino went to go punch her but it seemed that she thought of something. There was a loud smacking noise and Naruto gasp. Ino slapped Sakura. Sakura slowly looked up at Ino. Ino was surprised for a second but looked down at her hand.

Sakura looked like she was thinking of something for a long time. They both just stood there, doing nothing. Sakura soon took off her headband and stared at Ino. "What- what in the world us going on?" Naruto asked. "What do you mean?" Kakashi asked "why are those two getting so worked up just looking at each other?" Naruto, you do the same thing with Sasuke. "Well, Naruto, rivalry is a tricky business. Not that I would know." Kakashi said. He looked over at Guy Sensei. Guy looked over at him and Kakashi smiled and waved "oh, hi there."

Ino smirked and said "I understand, Sakura." Ino took off her headband and they both put ith around their forehead. After a little bit they both ran each other, ready to punch. They both punched each others fists. Everybody gasped a bit, realizing they were finally going to fight. They both jumped back, getting back in place.

Word count- 1252