Chapter 4

Yawn...hm why do I feel like I'm forgetting something? I should wake up Naruto and think about that later. "Narutooo, wake up" I said shaking Naruto lightly "hmm" he said rolling around to face the wall. I squint my eyes looking at him...Oh! I know. I jump on the bed and had my back to the wall. I leaned forward right in his ear and yelled "NARUTO" I guess he was so shocked he yelled "AUH" and fell on the floor.

"Ugh (y/n), just shake me to wake me up. Not yell in my ear" he grunted. "Heh sorry" I said rolling off the bed and falling on him. I looked over at the calendar to see today was the day we get put on our teams. I gasped and got off of Naruto yelling "Teams!" "Huh?" He asked getting up and rubbing his head. "We get put on our teams today!" He took a moment to comprehend but when he did he grinned really big.

~

"Today's the day so...let's chow down!" Naruto said while opening a ramen cup. Im not in the mood to eat right now because I'm worrying about who I'm going to be put on teams with. While I was tying my forehead protecter around my waist..heh..I saw Naruto grabbing his and putting it on. So he decided to wear it today.

~

As we're walking to the academy I ran ahead of Naruto because I saw Konohamaru ahead hiding and I didn't want to watch him try to attack us so I just ran past him

Up ahead I saw familiar dark hair so I turned around to check if naruto was coming. I didnt see him so I ran up to Sasuke and said "Goodmorning, Sasuke" I made sure I wasnt loud considering it was morning and Sauke and I find loud voices annoying. "Morning" he mumbled still walking. "Since we're getting put on teams today, I want to ask if there is anybody particularly you want on your team?" I asked putting my hands behind my back. "Anybody who wont bring me down" Sasuke said still looking forward with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh Naruto is coming!" I said looking back "I hope you get who you want on your team!" I said turning around and waving. "Hn" is all I hear as I run back to Naruto.

~

When were in class Naruto sat next to Sasuke and I sat next to Hinata. I was looking at Naruto wondering if we would be on the same team. I was kicked out of my thoughts when I heard Shikamaru say to Naruto "What are you doing here, Naruto? This isn't for dropouts. You cant be here unless you graduate." "Oh yeah, you see this? See this? Open your eyes Shikamaru. It's a regulation headband. We're going to be training together, how do you like that?" Naruto said pointing at his forehead.

I completely toned out Naruto even though I can hear his faint voice in the background. I toned him out because I heard fast footsteps coming towards the door. I automatically knew who it was and covered my ears expecting the annoying girls to run in. "Grunts first!" Sakura and Ino yelled running in. They were panting probably from racing all the way here. They started bickering about who was first so I just tried my best to ignore them. I look over at Naruto seeing him blushing while looking at Sakura. Idiot.

Why would he like Sakura when he can like Hinata or someone. Sakura is so mean and loud when it comes to Sasuke. I remember a few months after the Uchiha incident Sakura ganged up on me.

~Flashback~

I'll be back in a sec Sasuke" I said in the hallway in the academy. Sasuke was going to stay inside during break but I wanted to get some fresh air real quick. I guess someone saw me talk to sasuke and got mad. When I was walking to the door someone grabbed me by my arm and pulled me away so I yelped really loud hoping someone would hear. My physical strength isn't that good so I cant get out of the grip. They dragged me to a corner and swung me causing me to smack the wall.

"Stay away from him" I hear a voice say. I opened my eyes to see Sakura hovering over me glaring. "Who?" I said trembling "Dont act dumb! Sasuke! I dont need more competition!" "What are you talking about?" I said getting up. "You like sasuke! You like how he looks so you act all fake to get close to him! But I can see through it!" Sakura yelled in my face. To loud. "Idiot!" I said banging her on top of her head. I rarely hit people but she's annoying!

"You can't talk! You like sasuke for his looks and skills! You act all fake to get close to him! I dont even like sasuke like that! I like him as a person and idol!" I said angrily. "Idol?" She asked rubbing her head. "Yeah! I idolize on how he is okay. He acts like he's okay even though I know he must hurt from the incident. If I didnt have Naruto I dont even know if I'll be here right now. Sasuke doesnt have anyone now and I want him to know he has me if he ever needs anyone. But it's like people like you who misunderstand things and create a scene! Now never talk to me again!" I yelled walking back to class. I could've swore I saw dark hair run away as I was walking but I ignored it.

~End of Flashback~

Just thinking about it is making me mad. Naruto got up and waved saying "Hi Sakura" I saw sakura run passed me and towards naruto. Theres no way shes going to Naruto. "Move it!" She yelled pushing naruto out of the way. Yep.. I was right. I got up and walked to Naruto and put my hand on his head "you're okay" I said to him making sure he didnt get hurt. "Ah..good morning sasuke" Sakura said with her fake voice. Sasuke just looked at her and looked away.

"Mind If I sit next to you?" She said "Back off, forehead! I'm sitting next to Sasuke" Ino said grabbing Sakuras arm. Sigh this will go on forever. More and more girls started coming up talking about who was first. I looked back at Naruto but.. he.. wasnt.... there anymore... what.

I heard two little thumps and saw naruto squatting in front of Sasuke. Uh oh. They started glaring at each other so I needed to break them up so I said " Uh Naruto I think you sh-" before I could even finish my sentence the kid behind Naruto bumped him and caused him to..kiss...Sasuke. I bursted out laughing while everyone else was quiet and shocked.

Naruto and Sauke started coughing and spitting. They glared at me for a second so I mouthed sorry. I laughed so hard my eyes were all teary.

~

"As of today you are all ninjas, to get here you've gone through difficult trials and hardships, but that's nothing. What comes next will be far more difficult. Now you're only ginin, 1st level ninja. All the ginin will be grouped into 3 man squads. Each squad will be led by a jonin, an elite ninja" Iruka said. I hope I get on a team with Naruto but definitely not Sakura. "We want each squad to be with different strengths and abilities so that's how we set them up Although do to odd numbers, one team will hold 4 members. I will now announce the squads. Squad 7- Naruto Uzumaki, (Y/n) Uzumaki" YES! Naruto and I looked at each other and grinned. "Sakura Haruno" I slammed my head on the desk but I heard Naruto scream "YEAHH" and saw sakura put her head down. At least Naruto is happy. "And Sasuke Uchiha" I smiled but no one saw since my head was still down.

After he told everyone their team naruto asked "Iruka-sensei, why does a great ninja like me have to be in the same group as a slug like Sasuke?!" "Hm..Sasuke had the best scores of all the graduating students, Naruto...you had the worst scores. To create a balanced group we put the best student with the worst student" Iruka-sensei said causing the class to laugh at Naruto. "Just make sure you don't get in my way, loser" Sasuke said. "grrrr hey what did you say!" Naruto yelled back "hard of hearing?" "Hey knock it off, Naruto! Sit down!" Sakura yelled.

Iruka-sensei cleared his throat saying "After lunch you'll meet you're new jonin teachers, until then..class dismissed."

Word count-1476