Chapter 38

"What are they?" Sakura asked. "Clones, from the look of it. And a whole lot of them." Kabuto said backing up a bit. "Like cornered rats." One of the clones said laughing. "Oh, yeah? Cornered rats, are we?" Naruto asked while jumping towards a clone. He punched one straight in the stomach. "That's showing them! Way to go!" Sakura yelled. Narutos hand was still on his stomach but randomly Naruto went through the clone. The clone just had a big piece turn into goop.

What the hell is that thing? Naruto hit the floor with a thud. All of a sudden another guy came out of the guy. Somethings not normal is going on here. Sasukes Sharingan would be extremely useful right now. The guy that was conjoined with the other clone started going towards Naruto with a kunai. "Naruto, watch out!" Sasuke yelled throwing shurikens towards the clone. Naruto turned around and gasped, the shurikens cut off the clones hand.

The two clones slowly turned their heads to Sasuke. The both got out a kunai and threw it at him. "Sasuke!" Naruro yelled. I noticed that Sasuke wasn't moving for some reason. "Get down!" I yelled jumping on top of him. As we both fell to the floor the kunai cut my arm a bit. I looked up and growled at the clones. "Are you alright?" Kabuto asked. I nodded head and Kabuto took out his hand so I could take it and get up. I grabbed his hand and yanked myself up. I ran up to Naruto grabbed my kunai.

Sakura went up to Sasuke and slowly sat him up. "Are you alright?" She asked. Kabuto went up to the kunai that cut me and it surely was real. All the clones starting saying "Surrender your scroll!" I gripped the kunai harder ready to fight. "The fact that (Y/n) is wounded and bleeding means that these thing are real shadow clones! But man, shadow clones are supposed to vanish when you give them a good shot. These things don't! So what the heck are we dealing with? Some kind of genjutsu?" Naruto asked. The clones kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

Naruto got ready to throw a kunais and yelled "Come and get it!" but Sasuke yelled "It's no use! Save it!" Naruto grunted, calming down a bit and turned his head towards Sasuke. "You'll only be fighting illusions. It's Genjutsu, alright." Sasuke said. "Illusions? But how? That gash on (Y/n)'s arm in real enough." Sakura asked. Kabuto said "That's true. But still, Sasuke is right. Could be the real enemy is in hiding somewhere in the woods nearby, launching real attacks from behind a smoke screen of illusions and coordinating their movements with them so that we're fooled into thinking these Genjutsu Shinobi are the ones attacking us."

"Well, wherever they are, what are we going to do, just stand here? Let's go find these clowns and take care of them!" Naruto yelled. "Hold on, Naruto. They'd like nothing better than for us to go searching blindly through the forest while they sit back and take us out one by one. We'd be making their job easy for them. I know this kind of attack. The kind who use it do so because they're weak in Taijutsuand afraid of close, hand-to-hand combat, according to my data." Kabuto said. Naruto was breathing heavily as he watched the clones.

After some silence Kabuto said "We have no choice. All we can do is hold our ground and fend off their attacks." "Okay, fine. Whatever. Let's just do it." Naruto yelled. Soon a kunai went flying at each of us and we all dodged them. "Man, how long is this going to go on?" Sakura asked breathing heavily. Naruto put his hands up crossing his fingers. "Okay. This isn't going to work." "No. It's pointless. You'll only waste your chakra. By trying to fight these, you'll be doing just what they want." Kabuto said.

"If we were to eliminate all of the illusions, whoever is casting them wouldn't be able to hurl kunai at us without us being able to see where they hiding. (Y/n) join me. We'll show them three can play at this game. Shadow clone jutsu!" Naruto yelled as a lot of Narutos appeared. "Heh, alright. Shadow clone jutsu!" I put my hands up and the same amount of clones apreared as Naruto. Naruto and I ran towards the clones and started attacking them. As we attacked them they put return again. Anything we would do wouldn't change anything. "Back for more, huh? Okay!" Naruto yelled as more clones came back.