Chapter 28

"Whoa, nice place. What is it?" Naruto asked. "This is the location for the second phase of the exam. It's the 44th Battle Training Zone. But we call it the Forest of Death." Anko said. Everyone was quiet until Naruto asked "Forest of death..?"

Oh man. What have we gotten into this time? I heard weird shuffling about beside me so I turned my head a bit and saw a square..rock. Konohamaru. The rock came towards Naruto and I but stopped moving once we looked at it. Naruto started walking to the side and I knew what was about to happen so I stepped back next to Sasuke. I blushed when I remembered what happened last night.

Naruto and the 'rock' started running back and forth. Naruto stopped and turned around in time to see the rock stop. Naruto pointed at the rock and yelled. That's the worst disguise of all time. Theres no such thing as square rocks. Its completely obvious!" "Hi, Konohamaru" I said. "You saw through my camouflage again! You're slick bosses. Just what I'd expect from my greatest rivals." Konohamaru said and the box glowed. Three big explosions of colors happened and three coughing kids appeared.

"I think we used a little too much gunpowder, you guys." Konohamaru said coughing. They looked around and then started introducing themselves again. As they were I zoned out a bit. I looked over at Sasuke and saw that he was looking at me too. I blushed and looked back at Naruto. "Yeah, I knew it was you guys the whole time. What do you losers want? I'm getting ready to take the second phase of the Chunin Exam, and you're interrupting me. I dont have any time to be playing around with you guys now." Naruto said.

"We didnt come to play around, boss. We're on official business!" Konohamaru yelled. "Yeah, that's right. We came here for a conclusive interview." Moegi said. "Interview?" I asked. "Uh-huh." Udon said. "An interview, huh?" We're here in assignment to write an article for the academy's newspaper. It's a big-time feature story, all about the Chunin Selection Examinations." Konohamaru said. "So that's why we want to do an exclusive interview with you. Please tell us you're going to do it?" Moegi begged. "It would mean a lot." Udon added.

"Yeah, but right now" naruto grunted. "Hey, you over there! What are you doing? You're holding up the exams" Anko said walking up to Naruto. "Uh, sorry. But Konohamaru was telling me something about a interview for the academy newspaper." Naruto said. Anko gasped and said "oh, yeah, I forgot all about it. Lord Hokage had mentioned something about them interviewing me."

"Uhh, interviewing you?" Naruto asked. "Alright, we're taking a 10 minute break. For those that are scheduled to be interviewed, please be courteous and respectful to the reporters from the academy newspaper." Anko said loudly so everyone can hear. "I thought I was the only one being interviewed?" Naruto said confused. "No boss. But you are the most important." Konohamaru said. "Oh well, in that case, I'll give you an interview that'll make it clear to your readers why I'm the greatest ninja ever!"

As Naruto was being interviewed I just sat next to Sasuke and thought about yesterday.

~flashback~

"I like you" I stopped thinking. What? Sasuke likes me? My eyes were wide as I stared at him. "Y- you do?" I asked. He just looked in the other direction. I squeezed my eyes shut and said. "S-sasuke, I-" I got caught off with a loud voice yelling at us. "Hey!" Sasuke and I turned our head to see Naruto running at us. "Don't just disappear like that alright! You and Sasuke just disappeared and..ugh!" Naruto yelled pointing at me. "Huh? S-sorry Naruto, Sasuke just wanted t-to tell me something!" I said frantically trying to hide my blush.

Naruto just looked back and fourth at Sasuke and I. "Hmm. You can't be out with boys this late without me, Alright! Especially him!" Naruto yelled pointing at Sasuke violently. I was shocked at first, Naruto actually is worrying about that? Aww. I smiled and swung my arm around his shoulder. "Don't worry Naruto."

Sasuke just stared at Naruto with annoyance. "We'll continue this later" Sasuke said walking off. "Goodnight, Sasuke!" I said taking a step forward. Naruto grabbed my hand and we ran all the way home.

~flashback end~

I giggled and grunted a bit when I remembered that Naruto basically ruined my confession back. Wait, huh? I noticed that Naruto and Sakura already did their interview and Sasuke is basically starting his. I got up and sat next to Sasuke. When Udon stopped talking Sasuke said "Well, I guess I ought to set the record straight. If you listen to Naruto, your article will be more fairy tale than truth." I giggled a bit. "Oh, no, you don't, Sasuke. They came here to interview me, not you." Naruto yelled.

"They came here to interview everyone, loser. There are other ninja here, you know. BeliEve iT!" Sasuke said mocking him. Naruto grunted and yelled "The article's about me!" "No one one cares about you, Naruto. All you do is goof off and get in trouble. That's why you'll never be a real ninja." Sasuke said. "Oh, yeah?" Naruto growled. "Yeah. Don't you remember anything?" Sasuke asked.

Sasuke is talking about the Gaara, Neji, and Lee situation. "The students taking the Chunin Exams are all highly skilled. And every one of them is considered to be the cream of the crop, except for Naruto." Sasuke said. "Hey!" Naruto yelled. "Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, Ino Yamanaka, Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka with Akamaru, Shino Aburame. Each one of them is talented in their own way. But I'm still better than all of them combined." Sasuke said smirking. Heh, well. "Yeah, right. That's why you got your butt kicked by Rock Lee because you're better than him? You shouldn't be talking. Even you screwed up from time to time." Naruto said and I snickered a bit.

"I'm going to screw you up if you dont watch it, Naruto." Sasuke threatened. "Go for it! Let's settle this once and for all." Naruto yelled. I sighed a bit and drooped down. "Guys, will you cool it? Listen, we passed the first phase of the Chunin Exam. And we're about to enter the Forest of Death for the second phase. I dont know what's waiting for us in there. But no matter what lies ahead, we wont be afraid. And we'll pass the exam to become Chunin because Kakashi-sensei taught us to work as a team. And nothing can break that bond. Right, guys?" Sakura said.

"Yeah, I guess your right." Sasuke said. "Hmhm!" I said smiling big. "Teamwork, right." Naruto said putting an arm around my shoulder. "We really want to thank all of you. That was a great interview." Moegi said. "Yeah, thanks." Udon said looking up at us. "Knock them dead on the Chunin Exam, bosses." Konohamaru said. I smiled and Naruto said "Don't worry, guys. We'll make it." The three said their good byes as they walked off.

Word Count - 1201