Chapter 16

"Ha! Now that I'm here, everything will be all right." Naruto said. "N-naruto!" I stuttered out trying to get up, but all the wounds stung causing me to fall back down. "You know how in stories, the hero usually shows up at the the last minute and then kicks butt? Well, that's what I'm going to do right now! Believe it!" Naruto yelled I smiled a little..goofball. "All right! You're history! Shadow clone jutsu!" Naruto yelled but Zabuza threw shurikens towards him. "No! Naruto move!" Kakashi-sensei yelled. Naruto looked confused on what was going on. Damn it, move Naruto! I can't get up to help you!

Just in time, throwing needles came flying and hit them away from Naruto. Huh? "They didn't get him." Sakura said "Their weapons cancelled each other out. Amazing. Now that's what I call lucky, I think" Tazuna said. "What are you doing, Naruto? Are you crazy?" Sakura yelled.

"This is a battle not a talent show! Dont let your opponent see your jutsu. The Shinobi's art is deception. Always keep the enemy guessing. Even when excuting a single jutsu, one must detract their opponent attention, catch them off balance and outmaneuver them. You just turned yourself into a human target when you enter a battle like that." Kakashi said.

Naruto started screaming "I'm sorry! I was just trying to rescue everybody!" "But there's another mystery here." Kakashi said. Haku. As Sasuke and I laid on the ground, we stared at Haku. "Haku, what are you doing?" Zabuza said. "Zabuza, this boy- let me fight him my own way. Please." Haku said. "Bring it on!" Naruto yelled, getting ready.

"Hm. So you want me to leave this to you. Is that it, Haku? As usual, you're to soft." Zabuza said. "Forgive me" he said not moving. Soft? Yeah, if he wasnt soft, Sasuke and I would be dead already from him actually sticking a needle in us, other then cutting us. He is soft then. "I'm warning you! One way or the another, I'm going to rip off that mask and take you apart!" Naruto yelled

"Don't even think about it. You know the score, Kakashi. If you go after Haku, I go after the bridge builder." Zabuza said. I cant see what going on over there but I guess Kakashi-sensei isn't an option for help. "Relax, Kakashi. Sit back and enjoy the show. Let's see how they do - one on one."

"That mask and your bogus story! You were with Zabuza all along! You think you can get away with a stunt like that?" Naruto yelled. "I'm sorry. But as your sensei said, deceiving your opponent, catching them off guard- that is the art of the Shinobi. Please dont take it personally." Haku said. I noticed that Sasuke got a kunai ready and threw it at him. Maybe since he was talking he'll be off guard. Haku put his head back a bit, dodging it. "Huh? Sasuke? (Y/n)?" Naruto said confused. Did he not know we were in here? "I haven't forgotten about you. Not for an instant." Haku said.

"Some warriors accept defeat gracefully. They know when they are beaten. Others do not. So be it. Let us finish our battles then- to do death!" Haku said walking back to the mirrors. "Wha- hey! Where are you going?" Naruto asked. "Its all right, Naruto. We'll have out fight next." Haku said going inside the mirrors. I shakily stood up and grabbed my kunai. Sasuke and I looked around and noticed that every single mirror didnt have a Haku in it like last time.

So the real one must be that one. I clenched my kunai and I saw Sasuke go for his. "I'm behind you." I heard Hakus voice say. What! He transported himself in an instant. We both turned around and saw that every mirror was starting to get a Haku in it. Damn. Needles started coming at us again. We groaned in pain and heard Naruto yell "(Y/n)! Sasuke!"

We were both back on the ground. What jutsu is this? Clones? Maybe their clones throwing needles at the same time? No. I cant see where there coming from! And if it was a clone jutsu, then he wouldn't need the ice mirrors. Those mirrors are definitely the key to his attacks, but what do we do?

"Sasuke, (Y/n), Naruto, think! You need to attack from the outside and from the inside at the same time!" Kakashi yelled. To find out how the mirrors works. It all depends on Naruto for the outside then. Sasuke and Naruto are in the perfect position. If Sasuke attacks from where he is and Naruto hits him from the outside, they can do it. I hope Naruto will know wha- "Hey! I snuck in here to save you!" Naruto said to us. My eye twitched.

"Pretty cool move, huh, guys?" Naruto said. I've never been for mad to see him in my life. Sasuke and I groaned loudly and yelled "You are a complete loser!" Sasuke yelled and I yelled "You idiot!" at the same time. "You're a Shinobi. Think carefully before you move." Sasuke yelled. "What the heck's your problem! You should thank me for coming in here to help you!" Naruto yelled. "Naruto, if we're all inside here- ugh! Forget it! I've had it with your mistakes!" Sasuke said angrily. "And I've had it with your attitude!" Naruto yelled angrily

"That's it. I'm going to destroy these mirrors right now." Sasuke said doing hand signs "Fire style." "Hey! What attack are you using?" Naruto yelled. "These mirrors are made of ice, so how do you destroy ice? Figure it out. Fire ball jutsu!" Sasuke yelled and fire went everywhere. He's gotten better at it. Even though the fire went everywhere, it didn't melt it. "That didn't do anything at all!" Naruto yelled.

"You'll need much more heat than that to melt this ice." Haku said. All of a sudden it became so bright and a force of needles made all three of us fly back. We all grunted in pain when we fell. "Where is he? Where's the needle attack coming at us from? Are they clones? We've got to find the real one! Which one is it?" Naruto yelled standin up. "Look onto every mirror as hard as you like. You will never learn the secret." Haku said.

"Oh yeah? Shadow clone jutsu!" Naruto yelled "No, don't!" Sasuke and I yelled at the same time. "You've got 100 mirrors, then 100 of me will smask them all. Then I'll find where you really are!" Naruto yelled as they jumped in the air. Everything happened so fast, Haku would come out of the mirror and go inside a different one, cutting every single Naruto. All the Narutos poofed away with he real one falling. I ran forward and caught him just in time.

"These mirrors only reflect my image, allowing me to transport myself at light speed. Through my eyes, you appear to be moving in slow motion." Haku said. "I knew it! It's a bloodline trait- Kekkei Genkai." Kakashi said. "Kekkei-Genkai? What is it?" Sakura asked. "Its like my Sharingan. You cant learn it. It has to be in your blood- in your genetic code passed down from generation to generation within a single clan." Kakashi said "but that means-" sakura started. "Yes. Even I cant copy that jutsu. Theres no way to destroy it and no way to stop him."

We grunted "I couldn't break through. So what? He's not going to stop me. I'm not giving up, and I'm not going to lose here. Because I have a dream, and no one's going to take it away from me. Some day, I'll be respected in my village. That's my dream- to be the greatest Hokage!" Naruto yelled.  "Dreams?" Haku asked quietly.

"It was not my desire to be a Shinobi. Its painful. I dont want to kill you. But if you advance, I will have no choice. Then I will kill the kindness in my own heart and fully embrace the Shinobi way. And there will be no mercy- no turning back. This bridge will be the battlefield where our dreams collide. Now I must fight for my dream just as you fight for yours. Please do not blame me.  I fight for someone who is precious to me. I live for him, and I face them for him so that his dream may become reality. That is my dream. And for the sake of that dream- if I must, I will act as a Shinobi and take your lives."

Word count- 1446