(62) Trigger warning

-Tanaka pov-

Frowning, I placed my phone onto the table face down. I honestly didn't want to take a bath because it would just make me think of Noya more than I already do. I needed to do something active. A run? It's already 10pm but it would probably help a lot.

I stood up from my chair with a long sigh. Not that anyone could hear my despair, but I liked to express myself sometimes I guess. I wish I could've thought this way before Noya and Asahi got together. I just felt bad for Asahi. I had promised him that I would help him.

But when they broke up, I got really excited, and then Noya had asked for that kiss. Even though they were still together... it's ridiculous. I regret not kissing him faster. I had wanted the moment to last forever. I thought it was going to. My plan, was so kiss him and then we meet the next morning and kiss again. I wanted him to be mine after that date.

It didn't turn out to be like that though, after that date, we cut off all ties. I mean sure, we texted a few times because of the group chat. Also those couple of times Kuroo convinced me to text him, but ever since he blocked me, we haven't talked at all.

I walked upstairs, finger gunning the picture of the team I had on the wall. I purposely avoided the picture next to it. It was of me and Noya in middle school. My sister was standing behind us making a super weird face. She was mad that we didn't want her in the picture so she photobombed us last minute.

Laughing to myself, I walked to my sisters room. She was sitting on her bed probably doing homework. I knocked on the door slightly. "Hey Saeko," She looked up from her papers taking out one earphone. "I'm gonna go for a run to get my mind off things. Okay?"

Saeko sighed removing her other earphone and placing her papers to the side. "Come here Ryunosuke." She patted the seat next to her.

I pouted but walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. "What.." I groaned.

"Is it about Noya?"

I avoided eye contact. "Pfft no."

She slapped my head. "Man up Ryunosuke!"

"Hey!" I scratched my head. "That hurt.."

She crossed her arms glaring at me. "I miss my tough little brother. That boy hurt you a lot. I get it, but come on. Did he really mean that much that your whole personality had to change?"

I didn't understand what she meant about changing my personality. I think I've been the same. None of my friends say anything about it. I mean in the chat sometimes they notice how I suddenly disappear but otherwise I'm fine.. really.

"He means everything to me." I leaned forward. Saeko wrapped her arms around me. "I just want to see him.."

"I know little brother... I know." She whispered rubbing my back.

After our hug, I went to my own room to change. It was hot outside even though it was almost midnight. I slipped off my jeans and threw on some shorts. If I could wear shorts everyday all day I probably would.

I removed my shirt and made my way back down the stairs. Saeko stopped me before I could go out the front door. "Wait where you running too?"

I shrugged. "You seen my phone?"

She pointed behind her. "It's on the table."

I quickly grabbed my phone out of the kitchen. Saeko watched me. "Hey... you didn't answer my question."

"I don't know. Why? You want something?"

She smiled. "Awww your such a good brother!"

I shook my head. "Yeah yeah. I'll jog to the gas station. What do you want?"

"Hmm." She crossed her arms. "Ooh! Hang on I have a list in my room. I'll be right back!"

I groaned as she ran up the stairs. "A list?!" I laughed softly opening the front door. "Geez Saeko. Hurry up I-."

Suddenly my voice was ripped out of me. I went completely silent. He stared up at me, his face covered in tears. He looked horrible. His hair was crisp and his skin was covered in marks.

"Sorry for the wait. I thought I- Ryunosuke what are you doing?" I couldn't look at her. I was too busy staring at Noya.

"Yuu?.." Saeko said his name pushing me out of the way. "What the hell Ryunosuke let him in."

I watched at my sister brought noya in and lead him in the kitchen. Immediately she started asking him questions, cleaning his face, checking his temperature. All while I stood by the wall silently watching.

I didn't know what to do. Or to say. "Ryunosuke go run him a bath. He's burning up."

Noya looked at me. I looked away running up the stairs to start him a bath.

This is crazy...

Saeko came in a little later. Noya limping in her arms. She handed him off to me. "Ah.. wait.. Saeko.."
Noyas head laid on my shoulder. Saeko checked the water with her finger. "I know how to start a bath.."

She shook her head. "I know. Now take care of him."

She began to leave. I grabbed her arm. "Wait wait! Why do I have to do it."

"Because he's a boy... and he's younger than me.... and he's your best friend."

I sighed. She had a good point. "Okay.." I looked down at Noya. He was staring up at me. I bit my lip. "Hey.. how you feeling?"

Saeko patted my head. "Be careful." She said before leaving. Noya closed his eyes lightly.

"Okay Noya.." I lifted him up onto the counter. He could barely sit up. I let him lean on me as I removed his shirt. Bruises were up and down his stomach and spine. My chest stung. Oh god please don't tell me this was Asahi.

Shaking my head, I began to removed his belt. Noya weakly grabbed my arm. "Please.." he whispered crying into my shoulder. "I don't want too..."

I froze. Don't.. don't want too? Wait..

Slowly, I wrapped both my arms around him squeezing him softly to my chest. "Noya.. I'm not.. thats.. I'm just tryna give you a bath."

Noya nodded lightly. "Okay.. Naka. I trust you."

Um. So. Um. Yeahhhhhhh.