Dean and I watch them, speculatively, until we notice three children with creepy stares watching. "Well, that's not creepy at all." I said to Dean, who nods.

Later, we make our way back to the hotel to see Sam at his computer, doing research. "Something's wrong with the kids in this town." Dean said to him. "Yeah. Tell me about it. So, what do you guys know about changelings?" Sam asked us.

"Evil monster babies?" Dean asked. "No, not necessarily babies." Sam said and I started to realize something. "They're kids. Creepy, stare at you like you're lunch kids?" I asked. "Yeah. There's one at every victim's house." Sam. 

After Sam went out to do some snooping, Sam was seated on the bed, as Dean and I prepare a kerosene torch. "So, changelings can perfectly mimic children. According to lore, they climb in the window, snatch the kid. Y'know, there were marks on the windowsill at one of the kid's houses. Looked to me like blood." Sam explained.

"The changeling grabs a kid, assumes its form, joins the happy fam just for kicks?" Dean asked. "Not quite. Changelings feed on the mom: synovial fluid. The moms have these odd bruises on the back of their necks. Changelings can drain them for a few weeks before mom finally croaks." Sam said.

"And then there's dad and the babysitter." I pointed out. "Yeah. Seems like anyone who gets between the changeling and its food source ends up dead." Sam said as Dean holds up the torch. "And fire's the only way to waste them?" He asked and Sam nods. "Yup."

"Great. We'll just bust in, drag the kids out, torch them on the front lawn. That'll play great with the neighbors." Dean said, sarcastically, and Sam rolls his eyes.

"What about the real ones? What happens to them?" I asked Sam. "According to lore, they stash them underground somewhere. I don't know why, but if it's true, the real kids might be out there." Sam said. "We better start looking." I said then Dean looks up, as if he realized something.

"So, any kid in the neighborhood is vulnerable?" Dean asked Sam. "Yep." Sam replied and Dean and I exchange a worried look. "We gotta make a stop. I want to check on someone." Dean said. "Well Dean, if the real kids are still alive, we don't have time. We—" Sam started to explain but I talk over him. "We have to." I said.

Later, after stopping by Lisa's house, Dean goes to talk to her but he comes back over to me and Sam as we stand by the Impala. "They took Ben. He's changed." Dean said and we look at him, shocked. "What?! Are you sure?" Sam asked him. "Yeah, I'm sure. I checked his windowsill." Dean replied.

"Blood?" I asked him, worried. "I don't think it is blood, and I think I know where the kids are." Dean said and I pull out my phone. "I'll see if I can get Elijah to watch over her." I said to the boys and I dialed Eli's number.

Later, after I convinced Elijah to watch over Lisa, we pull up to a semi-finished home where there's a large mound of dirt resided. We get out of the car and Sam picks some up and inspects it on his fingers.

"Red dirt. That's what was on the window." Sam said. "Ah, you take the front. (Y/n) and I'll go around." Dean said and we nod and head inside. We wander about with flashlights when I heard a noise in the basement. I give Dean and look and we nod then we go to inspect, finding a series of cages, each containing abducted kids. Dean then sees Ben.

"Ben...Ben...it's okay. We're gonna get you out of here, okay?" He said and he goes to open the cage while I move around the cages and I see a red haired woman in one cage and a bunch of kids in other cages. Once getting Ben out, Dean pulls him out of the cage and hugs him and I give a fond smile at this.

"Come on. Let's go." Dean said as he sets Ben down and ruffles his hair. "All right, come on." I said to them then Dean and I break open the cages and we, including Ben, help the children out. "It's okay. You’re gonna get out of here, all right? Hurry!" Ben said to his peers.