The Kids Are Alright

Start from the beginning

*3rd Person POV*

The couple drives through a suburban development, past houses being newly constructed and a sign for the Morning Hill neighborhood that notes SOLD OUT! "Is this his house?" Dean asked as they pull up to a house. (Y/n) looks out at the address number then at the text Elijah sent. "Yeah, this is the place." She said and they get out of the car and head towards the house.

Dean and (y/n) arrive at Elijah's doorstep, then she ring the doorbell. The door opens to reveal a little curly blonde girl no older than 7 or 8, which comes to a shock to both Dean and (y/n). Both of them begin to wonder did they get the address wrong?

(Y/n) composes herself and starts talking before Dean could. “Hi. Um, does Elijah live here?” She asks. “Yeah. He’s my dad.” The little girl answers. “I'm (y/n). I was friends with your dad in high school. I was wondering if we can talk to him.” (y/n) said. “Really?" The little girl asked and (y/n) nods.
"Dad! You’re friends are here.” The girl calls out to her father. Not a moment later, Elijah, a man with light brown hair and gray eyes, comes in, not noticing (y/n) and Dean's presence as he begins to scold his daughter. “Peyton, what did I say about opening the door to stra—" He started to say but stopped once he saw (y/n).

"(y/n)?” Elijah says, in disbelief.

“Hey, Eli.” (y/n) greets and Elijah stares at her for a moment then turns to his daughter. "Peyton, why don’t you go get ready. I gotta talk to my friends about something” Elijah tells his young daughter. She nods and heads upstairs.

“I didn’t think you’d make it.” Elijah said as he pulls (y/n) into a hug, to which she returns with no hesitation. Dean however couldn’t help but let the feeling of jealousy take over. “You sounded urgent. I had to come see if you were okay.” (Y/n) replied.

Then the sound of someone clearing his throat brought the former couple to attention as they pulled back from their embrace and (y/n) turns to Dean, who gives her a look. “Oh, Elijah. This is Dean Winchester.” she introduced. “Her boyfriend.” Dean added as the two men shake hands, his grip being firm.

"Hey." Elijah said then he turns to (y/n). "Where's your dad? Did he retire?" He asked and (y/n) bites her lips and looks down. "He actually died almost three years ago." She replied and Elijah has a look of shock on his face. "Oh, (y/n), I'm so sorry." Elijah said, apologetically. "It's okay." (Y/n) said and he nods, slightly.

"So, what did you call me for?" She asked him. "Well, it could be nothing, but I think there's something going on around this neighborhood." Elijah said. "Like what?" Dean asked him. "Well, a friend of mine died a few days ago in really bizarre way." Elijah said.

"How bizzare?" (Y/n) asked him. "Well, he somehow landed on a handsaw." Elijah replied. "Don't you think he could've just tripped and fall on the saw?" Dean asked him. "No, no. He was very careful. Plus, I noticed there were other men on this area that had died in an accidental manner, like his." Elijah said just as they hear footsteps behind him. 

"Daddy! We're gonna be late!" Peyton said as she comes up to him and grabs his hand. "Okay, honey. Grab his present and we'll go." Elijah said to her and she runs towards the back and he turns to the couple.

"Sorry, we have a birthday party to go to. You're welcome to join us." Elijah said. "You sure about that?" (Y/n) asked him. "Well, I hate to leave you guys on such short notice, so I think Lisa should be fine with it." Elijah said and Dean's eyes widen about it.

"Lisa? As in Lisa Braeden?" Dean asked him. "Yeah. Why?" Elijah asked him, confused but also shocked Dean knows Lisa, and (y/n) turns to Dean. "Oh, is this the ex-girlfriend you don't want me to meet?" She asked him and he looks down. "Oh, then we'll definitely join you." (Y/n) said and Peyton runs out of the house and Elijah leads the couple to the house.