You winced as a drop of water hit your shoulder, the sudden cold feeling sending a shiver through you. This was clearly amusing to the men, their chuckles and smirks didn't go unnoticed by you. 
"We apologize that our residence is in such poor condition, we don't usually have royal visitors." One of the men that had taken you drawled out in fake sympathy, his eyes shining with maliciousness.
"But where are my manners? I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Khous, and these are my brothers, Kafor and Caster." The two men lounging behind him nodded, their eyes trailing up and down your body. You tucked your feet closer to you, fiddling with your fingers as you heard one of them approaching. You kept your eyes down as fear gripped your heart. He leaned in closer, lifting your chin up with one finger, your tear-filled eyes meeting his for a moment before you shifted your gaze away as you had been taught. Do not look at your kidnappers, do nothing that might make you a threat. 
"And who might you be?" 
"Y-Y/N." Your voice was trembling, quiet, and filled with terror. 
"Oh, we know, poppet. I just wanted to hear that sweet voice of yours." He let go of your chin with a laugh and took a few steps back, turning to talk to his brothers. You realized that the reason they hadn't tied you up was that they knew that they didn't have to. You were too frightened to try anything, and even if you did, there were three of them and one of you. And what could you do anyway? You had no weapons, and even if you somehow managed to get one, you had never wielded one in your life! 

The sun was sinking below the horizon. You couldn't hear what they were planning, and the uncertainty was dreadful. They were clearly talking about you as their eyes visited you, malevolence in their eyes clear. You were trembling with dread, tears now streaking down your cheeks as you waited for your faith. You could only comfort yourself with the fact that they had wanted you to go with them alive, and they probably planned to keep you so, at least for the time being. It was a thin line of hope but it was hope nonetheless, and it was what you clung on. 

"Now, we're gonna do a little business with your father, and he'll have to pay up if he wants to see you again in one piece. You're gonna sit here, nice and quiet, and won't cause any trouble. Then, you can get back to your father without any missing parts." Khous' smile was malicious as he stepped forward, his eyes fixed on your necklace. 
"But first, I'm gonna need that." He pointed at your necklace, and your hands rose to it, your fingers gripping it tightly.
"I-I can't, it was m-my mother's." You sobbed fingers clutching the chain like it was your lifeline. 
"That's too bad, hand it over or I'm gonna take it myself." You didn't even have the chance to move before he strode closer. You winced as he grabbed your jaw and with a harsh tug, yanked the necklace from around your neck.
"No, please, don't. It was- It's all I have left of her." You begged, but it didn't have any effect on your captors. Your desperation drove you to stand forward, and you took a step in his direction.
"Please, I-" Khous' hand made contact with your cheek as he yanked himself around, disdain clear in his eyes as he shoved the necklace into his pocket. You stumbled back and into the chair again, your hand lifting to your throbbing cheek. Tears slipped out of your eyes, the hot liquid burning as it hit the cut on your cheek. 
"You better learn your place, poppet. Kafor will keep an eye on you and make sure you won't be doing anything foolish."  The man in question was leaning against a wall, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword. 
"If we aren't back in an hour, kill her," Khous ordered and slammed the door closed behind him, making you wince at the loud sound, tears dropping from your chin to your lap, wetting the fabric of your dress. 

Thorin was sneaking around in the shadows, senses perked for the smallest sign of your whereabouts. When he heard footsteps ahead, he quickly slipped into the shadows, holding his breath as they passed.
"That old crank is gonna pay a sizeable price for her return. And if he won't believe us, we'll show him these." Thorin stiffened as he saw the jewels tangling in the man's hand. They were undoubtedly yours, he had asked about them one time when you had stopped for a chat. They had been your mothers, and you would never part with them willingly. Squinting his eyes in the low light, he followed the men's footprints until he arrived at the door of a worn-out building, he carefully peeked in, seeing you huddled on a chair, tears streaking down his face. Red-hot anger coursed through him, and he would have stormed straight in, hadn't he seen the man standing next to the door, hand on the hilt of a sword.