Hollywood Babylon

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, yeah...he uh...One smoothie coming right up." Sam said and we walk away. "What's a P.A.?" Dean asked. "I think they're kind of like slaves." I said and we turn around as we're walking and Sam gives the man a reassuring thumbs-up.

Later, the cast and crew are getting ready to resume shooting their movie while Dean and I were walking around the set, Dean carrying a tray of smoothies. I look up at the scaffolding then patted Dean's shoulder and point up. Dean nods and sets down the tray of smoothies he had gotten and we start to go up the stairs to the scaffolding.

Suddenly, the lights on set go down, and the actors begin their take. "Why don't we take it from, uh...Come on, it'll be fun. And, action!" A voice shouts and the actors stan inside the abandoned house set, and one of the actresses, Tara, had a book open in front of her.

"Come on, it'll be fun." She recited her lines and begins to read from the book in very choppy Latin. While she is doing so, Dean and I make our way up the scaffolding. I take out my EMF meter and scan the area, but nothing happens.

A few minutes later, Sam joins us at the Kraft services table. "So?" He asked us. "No EMF anywhere." I said. "Great. So, what do you think?" Sam asked us as I pick up one of the tiny sandwiches and eat one. "Well, I think being a P.A. sucks. But...the food these people get, are you kidding me? I mean look at these things." Dean said as he picks up a tiny sandwich.

"They're like miniature Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. They're delicious." Dean said as I swallow my bite of the sandwich. "He's not wrong." I said as Dean holds one of them out to Sam. "Maybe later." Sam and Dean shrugs and takes a huge bite while I finished up the one in my hand and grab another one.

"What'd you find out about the dead crew guy?" I asked Sam while he had trouble taking his eyes off of Dean's devouring of the sandwich. "Uh...Frank Jaffey was just filling in for the day. Nobody here knew him or where he lived or anything." Sam said. "Oh, great. So you found out about as much as we did." Dean said.

"No, not quite. I–" Sam said when another comes up to us. "Hey, guys." He greets. "Oh, hey." Dean greets back. "Sorry." The guy said and he leans in between us to pick up a sandwich. "That's all right." Dean said and we watch the guy walk away. "They're wonderful!" Dean calls out and I shake my head as I take another bite of my sandwich.

"Listen, I did dig up some stuff about Stage 9's history." Sam said to us. "Yeah?" We said. "Yeah, four people died messy here over the past eighty years. Two suicides and two fatal accidents." Sam said. "Any one of those could be a vengeful spirit." I said, shrugging. "Yeah. We've just gotta narrow it down more." Sam said and Dean smiles as he notices Tara walking on set. "I'll get right on that." He said and he walks over to Tara, grabbing a call sheet from one of the set workers as he walks by.

Nervously, he steps up to Tara and the two begin to talk while Sam and I exchange a look then I shake my head. But then minutes later, Dean comes back to us. "Got something." He said and he leads us out of the set.

We knocked on a door and a man opens it to see us outside. "Gerard St. James?" Dean asked and the man nods. "Yes." He said. "You're still alive. And you're not Frank Jaffey." I pointed out. "Uh, no?" He said. "You were Desert Soldier Number Four in Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn?" Dean asked him. "I was." Gerard replied and Dean smirks.

"I knew I recognized you. I am a huge fan. Heh heh. I mean, your turn as a tractor crash victim in Critters 3—" he said and Gerard exclaims. "Critters 3!"

"Wow. Yeah." Dean said. "Well, please, come in." Gerard said and we enter the house while Gerard brings us coffee. There were pictures lining the walls of Gerard, merely an actor, portraying various characters. "Yeah, it was the producers. They brought me up for the day to play Frank." Gerard replied.