Born Under A Bad Sign

Start from the beginning

The duo walk outside the motel, it's daylight, but raining. "Recognize anything?" Dean asked her. "Not really." She said as they go towards a parking garage out back. "Wait." She said once she stops. "What?" Dean asked and (y/n) points at the garage.

"I think I was here." She said. "You remember?" Dean asked and she shakes her head. "Not really, it just...feels familiar, you know?" She said and Dean shrugs, and goes to the nearest garage. (y/n) looks over to the second one and points. "Try that one." She said and Dean tugs on the padlock.

"Okay." He mutters and he starts to think of ways to open it. "Wait." said (y/n) and she digs in her pocket, frowning. She pulls out a key and gives Dean a significant look.

Dean opens the padlock with the key, raising his eyebrows at (y/n). He pulls the garage door open to reveal a filthy, beat-up VW Beetle. "Oh, please tell me you didn't steal this." Dean said, disappointed, as (y/n) fidgets. They go into the garage and open both doors of the car, (y/n) on the driver's side. She touches the wheel and shows Dean her stained finger.

"More blood." She said and Dean points. "(Y/n). Back seat." He said and (y/n) reaches down, picks up a blood-stained knife that sticks to the floor of the backseat. She stares at it. "You think I used this on someone?" She asked Dean. "I'm not thinking anything." Dean said.

(Y/n) looks around, rubs the knife handle off on the inside of her jacket while Dean picks up a pack of cigarettes. "Okay now this is disturbing. Come on, (y/n), this couldn't have been you. Had to have been someone else, somebody who, uh..." Dean said and he sniffs the pack. "...smokes menthols." He said as (y/n) digs around and picks up a piece of paper.

"Here. Gas receipt. Few towns over." She said as she holds the receipts up.

Sometime later, they pull up in front of a small gas station and Dean looks over the receipt while (y/n) looks around. "All right. Receipt's for ten gallons at pump number two. You getting any, uh, any goosebumps yet? God, this looks familiar, deja vu vibes?" Dean asked her and she shakes her head, quietly. "Maybe someone inside'll remember you. Come on." Dean said and they get out of the car.

They go into the convenience store and the clerk looks up in shock, then anger. "You. Outta here now, I'm calling the cops." The clerk yelled and Dean and (y/n) look at him, shocked.

"You talking to her?" Dean asked the clerk, confused but also angry as he didn't like the tone this guy was giving her. "Yeah, I'm talking to her. Bitch comes in yesterday, stinking drunk, grabs a forty from the fridge, starts chugging." The clerk said and Dean glares at the clerk. 

"Okay, buddy. One: watch your mouth. Two: this girl? You sure?" Dean asked and the clerk nods as Dean turns to (y/n). "You're drinking malt liquor?" He asked. "Not after she whipped the friggin' bottle at my head." The clerk yelled.

"This girl?" Dean said, still confused. "What, am I speaking Urdu?" The clerk asked, annoyed. "Look, I'm really sorry if I did anything --" (y/n) tried to explain but the clerk shakes his head.

"Tell your story walkin', girlie. Po-po will be here in five." He said as he picks up the reciever. "Wait, wait, put the phone down." Dean said as the clerk stops then Dean turns to (y/n). "(Y/n), go wait in the car." He said and she looks at him, confused. "But Dean --" she tried to argue but Dean yells. "Go wait in the car!"

She sighs and then leaves as Dean turns to the clerk. "Okay, look, man. I just want to talk to you, that's it. Okay?" He said and the clerk hangs up. "Now, when she took off yesterday, which way did she go?" Dean asked him.

"Why don't you ask her?" The clerk asked, annoyed. "'Cause I'm asking you. Now please, you'd be doing me a huge favor." Dean said. "Oh, do you a favor? Well, that is what I live for. You know, your girlfriend didn't pay for the booze. Okay? Or the smokes, which she also illegally lit up." The clerk said and Dean's eyes widen a bit.