"No problem." Sam said and I nod. "Yeah, that's fine." I said and the woman looks between us. "Well, um, congratulations, you could be some of our final guests." She said and we give her a curious look. "Well...Sounds vaguely ominous." Dean said. "No, I'm sorry, I mean we're closing at the end of the month." She said then she looks between us.

"So...is it you two or...?" The woman asked as she gestures between Dean and Sam, this makes me chuckle. "No, it's me and him." I said as I take Dean's arm. "These two are brothers and we're just on a cross-country trip together." I said. "Oh. Oh, I'm so sorry. So, one king size and a single for the other room." She said and I nod at her.

"It's okay." I said. "You know, you have a really, really interesting urn on the front porch. Where did you get that?" Sam asked her as Dean pays for the rooms. "Oh, I have no idea, it's been there forever." The woman said as she hands two keys to Dean. "Here you go, Mr. Mahagov." She said. "Thanks." Dean said and the woman dings the bell.

"You two will be staying in room 237. And he will be staying in room 238. Sherwin, could you show these three to their rooms?" The woman said and we turn to see an old, balding man in a black blazer shuffling up behind him.

Sometime later, Sherwin drags Dean's clunking duffel bag behind him, up the steps, as we follow. "I could give you a hand with that bag." Dean said to him. "I got it." Sherwin said. "Okay." Dean said.

"So the hotel's closing up, huh?" Sam asked him. "Yep. Miss Susan tried to make a go of it, but the guests just don't come like they used to. Still, it's a damn shame." He said to us. "Oh yeah?" I asked him. "It may not look it anymore, but this place was a palace. Two different vice-presidents laid their heads on our pillows. My parents worked here, I practically grew up here. Gonna miss it. Here's your room." Sherwin said as he slips the key in the lock and opens the door, handing the key to me as I brush past him.

"And your room is here." Sherwin said as he turns to Sam and leads him into the room next to ours. Dean turns to shut the door and Sherwin comes back to our door, his hand extended expectantly. "You're not gonna...cheap out on me, are you, boy?" He said to Dean and I chuckle as Dean pulls out his wallet.

Later, Sam had come in our room and starts sifting through papers. I help him as Dean paces around the room. "What the—" Dean said, shocked. "What?" Sam asked. "That's normal." Dean said and he gestures to the wall and I look up to see an antique wedding dress displayed on the wall.
"Huh?" I muttered. "Why the hell would anyone stay here? I'm amazed they kept in business this long." Dean said and I shrug.

"All right. Victim number one: Joan Edison, forty three years old, a realtor handling the sale of the hotel; and victim number two was Larry Williams, moving some stuff out to Goodwill." Sam said. "Well, there's a connection: they're both tied up in shutting the place down." Dean said. "Yeah. Maybe somebody here doesn't want to leave, and they're using hoodoo to fight back." I said.

"Who do you think our witch doctor is, that Susan lady?" Dean asked us. "No, doesn't seem likely. I mean, she is the one selling." Sam said and I nodded. "So what then, Sherwin?" Dean asked. "Don't know." Sam and I said as we flip through some more papers.

The boys and I poke around the hallways until I see another urn and picks it up. It too, has a quincunx inscribed. "Hey. Look at that. More hoodoo." I said as I show them the urn.

Then we approach a door marked PRIVATE and Dean knocks and Susan opens the door a moment later. "Hi there." Dean greets. "Hi. Everything okay with your rooms?" She asked us and the boys and I talk over each other.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah, everything's great. Yeah." We said and she looks between us. "Well, I was, I was just in the middle of packing." She said and Dean looks past her. "Hey! Are those antique dolls?" Dean asked and Sam and I look over to see a shelf full of antique porcelain dolls.