Get Out While You Still Can

Start from the beginning

"All right, then we should keep him tied up, and we should wait and see." Sam said. "For what? For him to Hulk out and infect somebody else? No thanks, can't take that chance." Dean said and he starts to push past us, but Sam stops him with a hand on his chest. 

"Hey look, man, I'm not happy about this, okay? But it's a tough job and you guys know that." Dean said to us. "It's supposed to be tough, Dean. We're supposed to struggle with this, that's the whole point." I said.

"What does that buy us?" Dean asked. "A clear conscience, for one!" Sam said. "Well, it's too late for that." Dean said and he starts to walk but Sam stops him again.

"What the hell's happened to you?" Sam asked him. "What?" Dean said. "You might kill an innocent man, and you don't even care! You don't act like yourself anymore, Dean." Sam said. "Hell, you know what? You're acting like one of those things out there." I exclaimed and Dean looks between us then he pushes past Sam a third time.

Sam tries to stop him again but Dean hurls him against the far wall. "What the hell?!" I said and I go and stand in front of Dean. "Stop!" I said. "(Y/n), don't make me hurt you." Dean warns me. "I'm not gonna let you hurt an innocent man." I said then he, quickly, grabs me and hurls me against the wall next to Sam.

He goes back into the hall and locks the door behind him. "Hey!" Sam and I shout as we rattled the lock. "Open the damn door, Dean!" I shouted. "Don't do it, Dean! Don't!" Sam shouts. We did this for a few minutes until we hear the lock unlock. We step back and see Dean standing there and I give him a worried look but he shakes his head at us and both Sam and I let out a sigh of relief.

Hours later, Sam, Dean and I were preparing explosives with rags and glass bottles when Lee enters, hands in her pockets. "It's been over four hours. Duane's blood is still clean. I don't think he's infected. I'd like to untie him, if that's all right." She said and the boys and I share a look. Sam and I nod and Dean lowers his head. "Sure. Yeah." Sam said and she leaves.

"You know we're gonna ask you why." I said to Dean. "Yeah, I know." He said. "So why? Why didn't you do it?" Sam asked and Dean glances at us the back at the bottles. "We need more alcohol." He said and Sam and I get up and go into the dispensary, where we find Pam and Pete already there.

"How you guys holding up?" I asked them. "Good." Pete said, nodding. "It'll all be over soon." Pam said as Sam and I go to a shelf and look through it.

"In fact, we've been waiting for this the whole time." Pete said and we turn to face them to see the door was shut behind them. "For what?" Sam asked them. "To get you two alone." Pam said then both of them lash out at us. Pam knocks Sam down and Pete knocks me down on the ground.

Pete straddles me and hits me, hard, across the face. I let out a groan as Pete pulls out a scalpel in one hand, which he slices across my chest and then across his own palm, placing his wound over mine.

Then I hear the door being kicked open then the three shoots. I look over and see Pam, who was on top of Sam, convulses and falls to the floor. Pete then turns, quickly, and he was shot three times as well and I see Dean and Mark at the door. Sam reaches out a hand to Dean, who starts to lean over to take it but Mark pulls him back. 

"They bled on them. They've got the virus." Mark said and I place my hand on my chest and pull it back, realizing it's true. I look over at Sam, who had a scared look on his face, then we look at Dean, who just looked stunned.

Later, Sam and I were sitting on a couple of stools, a bandage pressed on our chest. I look down and could feel tears in my eyes as the others surround us, Dean pacing angrily. "Doc, check their  wound again, would you?" Dean asked but no response.