97

Irene knocks on Jimin's door. He opens it and prepares himself for the worst but nothing happens. "Hey."

"Hi..."

"I forgive you and I want to talk to you about something."

Jimin lets her in. "So..."

She turns towards him and smiles. "I'm dating Tae."

Jimin freezes. "Oh."

Her smile falters. "Are you not happy for me?"

"I am. I'm just shocked. When did he ask you out?"

"Today."

"Oh. Is that all you wanted to talk about?"

"No... It's part of it." She sits down on a couch and motions for Jimin to sit next to her. "I don't want you to get defensive when I say what I'm about to say."

"Okay."

"I'm not saying that I think it will happen, but think have been unpredictable lately, so who knows."

"What is it?"

"I just want you to keep in mind now that if you end up cheating on Jungkook again with Tae, you'd not only be ruining your own relationship but someone else's."

Jimin feels his heart ache. Is that really what she thinks of him? "That's a bit harsh, don't you think?"

"I just want you to promise me that you won't go after Tae. Please. I'll promise you that I won't go after Jungkook."

Jimin looks away and shakes his head in disbelief. "I can't believe you're asking me this. You already called me a whore to my face, so you don't need to sugar coat it if you want to say it again."

"I'm not. It's just... I can tell that there are still feelings between the two of you."

"Maybe Tae has feelings for me but I don't have any for him. Not anymore..."

"Then why did you look crushed when I told you that I was dating him?"

"I-It just caught me off guard–"

"Sorry, but that's bullshit and you know it. I know you're trying to repress your feelings fro him because you're with Kook, but there's no denying that there's still tension."

Jimin tears up. "I don't have feelings for him."

"Yes you do. I was the same way. I hid my feelings for him but they still existed."

"I don't have feelings for Tae and I won't sleep with him. I love Jungkook. I love him so much."

"It's possible to love two people at once."

"Stop it. Stop saying that I love Tae because I don't. I liked him for a while but I never loved him. I told you that I won't sleep with Tae. That's what you wanted to hear, so you can leave now.

"Tae wants to talk to you too..." She stands up and walks over to the front door, opening it. Jimin hears her calling for someone.

A few seconds later, Tae walks in. Jimin looks away and stares blankly at the wall. Irene waits on the porch.

"Jimin..."

"Just because you moved on doesn't mean I'm gonna talk to you."

Taehyung sits down next to him. "Hoseok talked to me and Jungkook and told us everything you said."

"... Everything?"

"Yeah. Word for word. No one wants you to die, Jimin. We would all be crushed and I know that I would never be able to get over it."

"I'm a horrible person."

"You cheated on your boyfriend because you were conflicted. That doesn't make you a bad person."

"I told Jungkook that he shouldn't have given me another chance. I don't know why he still wants to be with me." He tears up.

Taehyung scoots closer. "It's because he knows the real you and so do I. Everytime I hear someone talk bad about you, I tell them it was all my fault because it was."

Jimin looks at him. "But it was my choice."

"But I pushed you to your breaking point. If I had just left you alone, nothing would've happened."

Jimin sniffles and Tae wipes his tears away. "You need to forgive yourself because everyone else has. It's no use being hard on yourself."

Jimin shakes his head. "I can't."

"Yes you can."

"It's not that easy."

"If you don't forgive yourself, you won't ever be able to completely fix your relationship with Jungkook."

Jimin tenses up. "But what if I break again and do something with you? I don't feel like myself recently, so it seems like a possibility."

"It won't happen because I won't insinuate anything. My feelings for you are gone. Irene is great."

Jimin looks away from him. "Kook is coming over in 4 minutes. You should go."

-

Taehyung and Irene leave only 2 minutes before Jungkook arrives. He walks in without knocking and walks over, sitting next to him.

"I heard that Tae got a girlfriend. Are you okay?"

Jimin nods. "I'm happy for them."

Jungkook grabs his hand gently. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Hoseok said you were talking about suicide. Are you still thinking about that stuff?"

Jimin nods softly. Jungkook leans in and gives him a soft kiss. "Don't think about that. I'm here for you if you want to talk about it."

Jimin looks into his eyes. "I don't want to talk about it..."

"That's okay. I'll just stay with you and keep you company." He laces their fingers together. "There's a fair this weekend. Do you want to go?"

Jimin grins slightly. "Sure. It would be our first date."

Jungkook tilts his head. "Huh... I guess we never did go on a date..."

Jimin rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "I love you."

Jungkook smiles. "I love you too."

-