96

Taehyung walks up to Irene slowly in the hallway. "Hey..."

She sighs. "What is it now?"

"I just wanted to talk to you. If you don't want to talk to me, that's okay."

Irene thinks for a second. "What do you want to talk about?"

Tae clears his throat. "You have lunch next period, right?" She nods and he grins softly. "Me too. We can talk in the library."

"Oh. Uh... Okay." She puts her books away in her locker. "Are you gonna tell me what we're talking about or is it a secret?"

Tae chuckles. "Making it a secret is more fun." His grin drops. "Sorry that sounded fuck boyish."

She's grins. "It's fine." They slowly walk together to the library. She smiles. "I was really impressed by how you threw yourself under the bus to stand up for Jimin yesterday. It's obvious that you really do care about him."

"Only in a friendly way now. I'm done with that crush shit. With him, at least..."

They walk into the library and get lunch passes, telling the librarian that they're working on a project.

They sit down at a table in the far corner. "So. What's our secret conversation?"

Taehyung hesitates and his face turns red. "Remember how I told you I would date you that one time but I totally fucked you over?"

"Yeah... Why are you bringing it up?"

"Well... I honestly think there's no chance of you saying yes because I've been the worst human being in existence, but I'd like to give it a try..."

Irene freezes and stares at him with a blank face. "Am I having a fever dream?"

"Sadly, no."

"Um... Am I just your rebound for Jimin? I don't want to be mean if you're being sincere, but how do I trust that you aren't gonna pull the same shit you did last time–"

"You aren't a rebound at all. I just regret not giving you a chance because you seem like a good person. Also, no sex and no kissing. Just hanging out and getting to know each other."

Irene blink in confusion before looking around. "I feel like there's a hidden camera somewhere."

"There isn't."

"Why me? You could date Yeri or Sooyoung."

"All of them are shunning me."

"Oh right... Seulgi told me that."

"So. What do you say? Are you willing to give me another chance?"

Irene rubs her face and thinks for a minute or two. Then she nods softly. "Sure. I've got nothing to lose."

Taehyung's eyes grow wide. "I... Wow. Uh, woah, I didn't expect you to say yes."

"Is it bad that I said yes?"

"No. It's fantastic. You're really pretty and you could find someone way better than me so I'm kind of in shock."

Irene blushes. "So... You're my boyfriend now?"

"Yeah. And you're my girlfriend."

"Woah."

"Yeah. Woah."

Irene tears up and Taehyung malfunctions for a second. "Why are you crying?"

"I never thought I'd actually date you. I really thought I had no chance."

Taehyung reaches over and wipes hear tears away. "I'm sorry I was so mean to you. I know words don't mean anything so I'll try to show you through actions that I really do regret acting like such an asshole."

Irene holds her tears back and fans her eyes. She lets out a small giggle. "Please don't fuck this up."

He chuckles. "I won't."

-