57

Jungkook pulls into Jimin's driveway and another car follows him soon after. Jungkook waits for them to pull in before getting out.

He waits to see who it is.

A middle-aged man gets out of the car and looks at him for a second. "... Are you here for Jimin?"

"Yes sir."

Jungkook sees a smile form on his face as he walks towards him. "You must be the prince charming that broke my son out of his antisocial shell."

"He broke out of it himself. I just helped him a bit."

Jimin's dad hugs him. "I appreciate you being nice to my son. He's had it a bit rough in the past."

"In what way?"

"He was a really shy and quiet kid and people in middle school always said he would become a psychopath when he grew up."

Jungkook frowns. "But he's so sweet to everyone. Why would they say that?"

"Kids will find anything to be mean about. He shut himself out after that. I really can't stress how thankful I am that you're sweet to him."

Jungkook smiles. "He's a wonderful person. I'm lucky to have the opportunity to know him."

"Did he tell you what the doctor said?"

"No. He's probably too tired so I understand."

"He does have pneumonia but it's not serious. Luckily we caught it early on so we can treat it with some antibiotics and it'll go away quickly."

"That's good."

"They said it will get worse for a few days but then improve."

"I'll definitely be here for him then."

-

Jungkook walks upstairs and sees Jimin napping in his bed. His mom sneaks up and holds out a box of generic face masks.

"The doctor said if we wear these we won't get sick."

Jungkook takes one and puts it on. "Thanks." He walks in and closes the door. There's only a dim light on.

"Hey baby..."

Jimin opens one eye and smiles. "You're here..."

Jungkook crawls in the bed next to him and hugs him from behind. "How do you feel?"

"Not too good. I'm really tired right now..."

"Then let's cuddle."

Jimin rolls over and curls into Jungkook's chest.

-