"Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All the different obits Dad had to go through? The man’s a master." Dean said while I could see the annoyance on Sam's face through the rearview mirror. "Screw it." I muttered and I pull over to the side of the road and turn off the car. "What are you doing?" Dean asked me

"We’re not going to Indiana." I said. "We’re not?" Dean and Sma asked. "No. We’re going to California. John called from a payphone. Sacramento area code." I said to them, firmly. "(Y/n)." Dean said, exasperated. "She's right, Dean. If this demon killed Mom, Jess and (mother's name), and Dad’s closing in, we’ve gotta be there. We’ve gotta help." Sam said. "Dad doesn’t want our help." Dean said. "I don’t care." Sam said as I gripped the steering wheel tighter. "He’s given us an order." Dean said. "I don’t care." Sam said, firmly.

"You two don’t always have to do what he says, Dean." I said to him. "Look, Dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives, it’s important." Dean said. "Alright, I understand." I said, calmly. "Yeah, believe me, I understand too. But I’m talking one week here, Dean, to get answers. To get revenge." Sam said.

"Alright, look, I know how you guys feel." Dean said. "Do you?" Sam asked, firmly, and Dean seemed shocked at Sam’s tone. "How old were you when Mom died? Four? Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know how I feel?" Sam asked, angrily. "Dad said it wasn’t safe. For any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don’t, so if he says to stay away, we stay away." Dean said. "I don’t understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it’s like you don’t even question him." Sam yells at him. "Yeah, it’s called being a good son!" Dean shouts.

"Oh hell." I muttered as Sam, angry, gets out of the car. Dean and I also get out and watch Sam unloading things from the trunk. "You’re a selfish bastard, you know that? You just do whatever you want. Don’t care what anybody thinks." Dean growls at him. "That’s what you really think?" Sam asked him. "Yes, it is." Dean said.

"Well, then this selfish bastard is going to California." Sam said and he puts on his backpack and starts walking away. "Come on, you’re not serious." Dean said. "I am serious." Sam said. "It’s the middle of the night!" Dean yells but Sam continues on. "Hey, (y/n) and I are taking off, I will leave your ass, you hear me?" Dean yells and Sam stops walking and turns around. "That’s what I want you to do." Sam replied and they stare at each other for a few seconds, waiting.

"Goodbye, Sam." Dean said and he closes the trunk and starts to get in the car but I don't move. "(Y/n), you coming?" Dean asked me and I look over at Sam with worry. "Don't worry about me, (y/n). Just....watch over my brother." Sam said and I sighed then go over to Sam and give him a quick hug. "Be careful, okay?" I said and he nods. "You too." He sId and I smiled as I get into the passenger side and we take off, leaving Sam behind.

Burkittsville, Indiana.

We pull over to the side of the road then Dean pulls out his cell phone. "You gonna call him?" I asked Dean, referring to Sam. Dean sighs and closes his cell phone. "I don't like that we left him there." I said. "Hey, he made his choice!" Dean said and I rolled my eyes. "I know, Dean. It's just that...." I said but I let out a sigh and shake my head. "Nevermind." I muttered and Dean shuts off the car and we get out.

We walk up to the porch of a diner called Scotty's Café and see a man sitting in the chair. "Let me guess." Dean said as he gestures towards the sign then points to the man. "Scotty." He said as Scotty looks at the sign. "Yep." Scotty replied. "Hi, my name’s John Bonham." Dean introduced.

"Isn’t that the drummer for Led Zeppelin?" Scotty asked, which threw Dean off for a bit and I chuckle. "Wow. Good. Classic rock fan." Dean said. "What can I do for you and your girlfriend, John?" Scotty asked and Dean takes two pieces of paper out of his pocket while I just roll my eyes, slightly. The papers were Missing Person flyers of Holly and Vince Parker. "I was wondering if, uh, you’d seen these people by chance." He said as Scotty looks at the flyers.