Physics Class (Dasha)

The crowd of high school juniors sat in their Physics class, bored out of their mind. It was the last month of school, and the class was mostly review for the final. Suddenly, everyone looked up as the door opened. The teaching assistant rolled in a Van der graff generator and plugged it in.

"Okay everyone, line up in front of the generator. Jerome, Matt, Steve, all of you boys, get up here in the front. Everyone else line up behind them... Now, the person at the back needs to be someone who won't touch metal. If you do, you'll mildly electrocute everyone in the class as you will be grounding yourself - we learned about that in chapter 10."

The teacher scanned the class as he spoke, and his gaze landed on one girl. "Dasha! I know I can trust you with this. Everyone except Dasha, get in a straight line and make sure to be touching the person in front of you! Dasha, stand at the end."

Everyone complied with the order, lining up and touching each other's shoulder, Dasha ending the line.  The teacher began the explanation as Dasha looked around the room, noticing a metal rod on the teacher's desk behind her. She slowly, ever so slowly, reached out and touched the metal.

She wasn't as trusted in experiments after that.

oh hey a spooky draft i had hanging out from dec