Shoes (Dasha-Centric)

a bit of swearing in this chapter btw

Alex stares in absolute horror as the scene played out on the video playing on his computer.  The video was of low quality, a vertical phone seemingly having taken it. But that didn't matter. The content was what really mattered.

It started out with a young girl, leaning on a tree for support with one sneaker missing. A group of boys several feet away were tossing the shoe back and forth, laughing and taunting the girl. Another girl beside her called out a few times. "Jesus, just give Dasha her shoe back!"

But that didn't do anything. The crowd of boys increased one by one, until there were about 15 boys laughing and tossing the shoe around. One finally stopped and held the shoe out, and let Dasha have the shoe. Then they forced her to the ground and stole both shoes and ran around, throwing the shoes around for several more minutes.

Eventually, one much bigger boy separated himself from the crowd, holding her shoes in one hand and his sweatshirt in the other, a malicious smile on his face. "Why don't you come and get your shoes back, Dasha? Come on, stop running away!"

As soon as she turned her head around, the boy was about three feet away, and whipped the shoes at the girl and proceeded to slap her with his sweatshirt a few times, forcing her to the ground into a ball. He got three or four smacks in before the lunch monitor, who'd been watching the whole thing ran over and pulled the boy off her. "Come on! Let's go!" He shouted, dragging the boy inside.

Dasha went over to a tree and curled in on herself, and the video cut off.

Alex's mouth was hanging open by the end in shock. The video had been taken by one of the bystanders. All of the comments were from people like the one who'd recorded the video, laughing and making fun of the poor girl, saying what the boy did was right and that he wasn't guilty.

The video had just recently started to blow up and become viral, so a few supportive comments had started to roll in. Alex decided to add the to the stream of positive comments, typing 'Whoever thought this was funny is a fucking asshole. Absolutely disgusting.'

Alex returned to the video a few hours later, and his comment was top comment, with 5k likes and 134 replies of a similar mindset.

He shook his head. What awful people.

so replace Dasha with a boy and take out the video part and all of this happened at lunch today. I was the one telling them to stop at the beginning. not a single other person stood up for the poor kid. reason #193 why I hate everyone in my school. some of my friends were even laughing at it. well, "friends" as in one of them was my friend and the rest I knew by association. absolutely fucking disgusting.

so yeah hope everyone else's day was more pleasant