Breakfast Issues (Tewrome)

<Ryan's POV>

I stretched languidly as I woke up. I paused as the smell of burned food reached my nose, and sat up suddenly. I scrambled out of bed, falling to the floor in the process. "Owww..." I crawled over to the doorway, and stood up, dragging the blankets downstairs with me as I went to investigate the smell.

The smell of burned food became progressively stronger as I approached the kitchen and dining room, as well as some worried sounding mumbling becoming audible.

"Jerome?" I asked tiredly. "What's that smell?"

"It's uh- it's nothing!" Jerome nervously called back. I walked into the kitchen, and sighed. Jerome scrambled into the room, trying to stop me from seeing what I had already seen. He grinned at me awkwardly.

"Happy birthday....?"

I shook my head in disbelief, before turning away from the burnt mess that was sitting in the kitchen. It looked like Jerome had been trying to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon, but had burnt everything. I sighed and hugged Jerome. "I appreciate the effort, but this is a mess. I'll help you clean all this up, then maybe we can do something fun later!"

:D

Thanks for reading, see you guys later!

Published: September 17, 2017

Edited: July 7, 2019