Amnesia (Ausdrew)

"Forgetting you was the best thing that ever happened to me!"

The words still rang fresh in Austin's mind. It had been over three years ago since those words had been spoken to him by his boyfriend.

Amnesia. A stray baseball hit him right in the side of the head. The odds were low, the doctors said. Only Andrew, right?

He remembered his fans first. Not personally, of course, but the fanbase as a whole. How caring they were, how they made the best jokes, how they were so supportive.

He remembered his parents next.

Then Jerome, Ben, Alex, Dasha, Steve, Ron, Tewtiy, everyone on the Avenue, and it just kept going. Soon it was people he hadn't talked to in years, triggered by the smallest things.

But never Austin.

Austin wondered if he was too annoying, too persistent?

His question was answered when Andrew said that all those years ago.

It had been at a dinner. He wasn't quite sure what had caused it. Maybe the constant contact, the bad jokes?

Whatever it was, Andrew had just lost it. "Forgetting you was the best thing that ever happened to me!"

Austin left that table full of his friends and never looked back.

And here he was, three years later, at VidCon with over 2 million subscribers to his name. He'd checked out Andrew's channel periodically in the last few years, and last time he looked, about a month ago, he had about 500,000 more subs than he did.

He was setting up his booth for the day. Austin brushed his pink hair from his face. He'd kept dying his hair even after he stopped playing with Nice Posture. It became iconic for him and his channel, to dye his hair a different color every few months. He wasn't quite sure what had compelled him to dye it back to pink after three years of avoiding the color and the memories it brought back.

The old fans reacted positively, though. Now his Twitter kept getting filled with old screenshots of him with pink hair from three years ago. The new fans loved seeing the screenshots. They thought he looked cool or something. Austin wasn't really sure.

Austin headed towards the bathrooms after most of the stuff - shirts, hats and the like were set up. The finishing touches still needed to be done, but Austin knew he still had some time.

He was walking back, going through his Twitter and reply and liking some Tweets when he bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry." Austin mumbled. The person in front of him seeming stopped breathing. Austin looked up at the person.

"Austin?" Andrew breathed. Austin's expression hardened.

"I thought you didn't remember me." Austin said stonily.

Andrew reached up and slowly and ran his fingers through Austin's pink hair. "Your hair... your hair reminded me. I haven't seen a picture of you with pink hair since before the accident..."

"How do I know you're not lying?" Austin said, frowning.

"Our first date was a picnic. We told the guys we went to a movie because I thought it was really cheesy and embarrassing. We came out to the fans in a 30 second video and you were so nervous before that you put it off for a month and pretended to forget about it. Our first kiss was on the first ski trip. You're mildly allergic to chocolate."

Austin's eyes widened. "You really do remember me..." Then he leaned forward and kissed him, pouring all his feelings of happiness and love and relief into it. Andrew kissed back with the same amount of feeling.

The two pulled apart after a minute, smiles on their faces.

"Hey, do you happen to know where my booth is? It's... 15 C..." Andrew said after a moment. Austin grinned.

"That's right next to mine! I can help you set up and everything!" Austin smiled. "Follow me, it's just over here."

As they walked, Andrew reached over and took Austin's hand, and he knew everything was okay.

yo

so I accidentally went on a month's hiatus on this book

ahaha

writer's block is the best

but then i wrote this 700 word oneshot in three days so it's all good

well, see you guys next time