By Accident (Tewrome)

<Jerome's POV>

I waved the group of three boys my age as they left, laughing and joking together. Ben had convinced me to say with him to hand out candy, and I was glad it was almost over. I was exhausted.

I turned away to grab my phone and wait for the next batch of kids. Ben quickly tapped my shoulder and pointed behind me, signaling that there were more kids. I turned around and saw a young boy who couldn't've been more than 5 years old. There was no one with him.

"Hey buddy, where's you're parents?" Ben asked the kid.

"I'm with my brother and his friends! They have some really cool zombie costumes and stuff!" My mind immediately went to the group of boys who had just left, heading around the corner.

"How about I go get them while Jerome stays with you?" Ben proposed. The boy nodded excitedly, while I gave Ben a panicked look. What was he thinking? I'm not responsible! "Don't worry, it's only for a few minutes!" He muttered to me. I nodded hesitantly. It couldn't be too hard.

Ben started jogging in the direction the group of boys had gone. I turned back to the boy in front of me. "So, what's your name, kid?" I asked.

"Steve!" He said happily, grinning up at me.

I continued to ask questions to Steve, learning about his favorite color, favorite candy- which I gave him several pieces of, and his favorite animal. Eventually, Ben came around the corner with the group of boys. Ben in particular seemed to be taking an interest in a boy wearing a beanie and glasses, who was smiling shying at Ben. He leaned over to the boy's ear, whispering something and then walking toward me. I raised my eyebrows at him, and Ben blushed lightly. "So, which one of you is Steve's brother?" I called out to the group of boys, who pushed a blond with stunning blue eyes forward. He glared at his friends before moving forward.

I shook myself out of the daze I was in as he walked up to Steve. "Hey buddy, I didn't mean to leave you behind! I didn't even realize you were gone, you sneaky ninja."

"It's fine, Ry-Ry! Jerome was really nice and he gave me candy and he likes red too and-" 'Ry-Ry' stopped him with a laugh.

"So are you ready to go to some more houses?" he asked. Steve furiously shook his head.

"I wanna stay with 'Rome! He's funny and nice!" I grinned awkwardly as the boy looked between me and Steve.

He sighed before saying "I'll stay behind with Steve, guys. You keep going."

"But Ryan-" one of the boys protested.

"I've made up my mind, Austin." Ryan said firmly. The other boy, whom Ben had been talking to walked up to Ryan.

"C-can I stay too?" he asked.

"Of course, Alex." Ryan said as Alex ran over to Ben, looking happy.

"Wanna come in?" I asked. Ryan nodded as I opened the front door.

<Two Hours Later>

Ryan quietly tucked Steve into the guest room. Ben and Alex were currently dozing in Ben's room, cuddled up adorably. Of course, Ryan and I had taken several pictures to show them later. It was late now, and Ryan, Alex, and Steve had decided to stay the night.

Ryan and I were quietly talking in my room, finding out different things about each other, like that Ryan loved Butterfingers, and went to a school a town over. He was also was a year younger than me.

We talked late into the night about anything and everything. Eventually we grew tired, and the issue of who would sleep where came up.

"I'll take the couch, you'll take the bed." Ryan said, making the decision final. I nodded and went upstairs, where I fell asleep.

I was woken up by someone climbing into my bed. I grumbled out something and Ryan's voice mumbled out "I had a nightmare and I need someone to hold me." I draped my arm around him and pulled him close to me.

ye

not the spooky Halloween one shot I wanted to write but eh, dunno if some of this even makes sense

the best part is that some of this actually happened to my English teacher on Halloween, since he was handing out to really big Hershey's bars to students and former students and one of my classmates named Mason and his friend accidentally walked away and left his little sister there and he had to go and get Mason and his friend back and yeah

bye