The Balcony (Ben & Austin)

Austin giggled as he leapt onto the balcony of his best friend's apartment. Andrew was going to hate him so much for this. He wasn't a morning a person in the slightest, but Austin giggled anyways, thinking about how grumpy his friend was going to be.

He slid open the door to the balcony and entered the apartment. It was quite late, so Austin couldn't see anything in the room. He walked towards where he knew Andrew's room to be and opened the small backpack he had worn in. Inside were several whipped cream cans.

Austin opened the cans and got to work, spraying the figure in the bed with several cans of whipped cream. Once the last can was empty, Austin flicked the lights on.

Then his heart skipped a beat.

This was not Andrew's room.

Oh no.

Austin started out of the room, but it was too late. The figure groaned and sat up, squishing whipped cream in the blanket. A British accent rang through the room. "What the... who are you? Why are you in my apartment??"

"Uh..." Austin tried to think of a good excuse, but he came up empty.

"So are you going to tell me why you - a complete stranger - are standing in my room at 7am? Or are you just going to stand there?" The man asked.

"Uh, well I was trying to mess with my friend who I guess lives next door to you and I couldn't see what the apartment looked like and I didn't know!" Austin rambled desperately.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Ben, what's your name?" Ben asked.

"I'm.. I'm Austin." Austin said cautiously.

"Well, do you want to have some breakfast? I can cook some pretty decent bacon and eggs." Ben offered. His British accent was oddly calming to Austin, and he relaxed slightly.

"Sure... I guess." Austin agreed. This was such a bad idea. For all he knows, this man could be a murderer!

"Okay, um... Could you... uh... maybe wait in the kitchen so I could... you know....?" Ben mumbled awkwardly. Austin nodded quickly, rushing out of the room into the kitchen.

Ben came out of the room about fifteen minutes later, in a t-shirt and sweatpants and damp hair. Austin was sat on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

"Do you want to help me?" Ben asked, Austin jolting slightly at Ben's voice.

"Yeah, why not?" Austin agreed.

Turns out, Austin couldn't cook. At all. By the end, five burned eggs were dumped in the trash, and Austin had several minor burns littering his arms. But it was fun, and that was all that really mattered.

As they ate, Austin explained what his plan originally was and what had happened instead. By the end, they were crying from laughter.

"Hey, want to go prank Andrew? I have a lot of spreadable things in my fridge."

yep

mhm

bye