Hide and Seek (Nice Posture)

It was Halloween night, about 10:00, and the office was about to spiral into chaos.

Everyone was down visiting the office, and they had decided to stream on Jerome's vlog channel for a group Q&A while they went around decorating different people's work areas and offices with whatever they could find in the office- aka a t-shirt cannon that was filled with glitter, a stack of printer paper, a bag of markers, and several rolls of wrapping paper.

Everyone, minus Alex as the acting cameraman, was in the middle of decorating Ron's office when Ryan suggested something.

"You guys wanna play 'Never Have I Ever', shot version?"

A chorus of agreements game from everyone's various places around the room. "It's already pretty late, we can just call an Uber to crash at Jerome's place." Andrew reasoned, glancing around at everyone to confirm the plan.

"I'll go grab the whiskey!" Ben said, jogging off into the other room as everyone arranged themselves on the floor in a circle.

"Alex, I can film if you want to play?" Ryan suggested.

"Sure, why not?" he said, plopping onto the floor in between Jerome and Dasha.

"Okay, I've got them!" Ben announced, walking back into the room holding a bottle and eight glasses. He sat down in between Blade and Steve and got to work filling the glasses and passing them around.

"Ryan, do you want to pick out questions from the chat and ask 'em?" Steve asked.

"Sure, friendo!" Ryan said, reading chat as it scrolled past. "Okay, 'Never have I ever...'"

After about half an hour, everyone but Ryan was quite tipsy, some - such as Jerome and Austin - could even be considered drunk.

"Ooh, okay, the chat is now screaming for you guys to play hide and seek... twenty, nineteen, eighteen.." Ryan grinned as everyone scattered. They didn't even notice he kept his eyes open. It was all coming together... "Ready or not, here I comeeeee!" He shouted, walking to the trash-filled office, in the direction Austin and Andrew had went.

Andrew would definitely hide in there, especially if he could make the 'I'm hiding here because I'm trash too' joke, and Austin followed Andrew everywhere.

As he walked, Ryan pulled off the string backpack he'd had on all evening and grasped the smooth wooden handle. Ryan pulled it out and twirled it slightly, being careful of the sharp edge.

Ryan slowly pushed the wooden door open, and it creaked loudly. He shut it behind him softly.

Ryan scanned the room quietly, noticing a pile of paper that moved ever so slightly. "I know you're in here..." Ryan mumbled in a sing-song voice. He focused the camera on the moving pile, carefully keeping the item out of the frame. It had to be at least a bit of a surprise, right?

Ryan stepped silently in between the piles of random bits of trash, ranging from wood planks to giant metal poles.

All at once he lunged for the pile where Austin and Andrew hid, pulling it away to reveal the two men. He carefully concealed the item, putting on his normal, happy face. "I gotcha!"

"Hey Ryan, wanna know why I chose here to hide?" Andrew asked, a big smile on his face.

Ryan did his best to mimic the smile, making it as wide as possible, not that the camera could see him. It was focused on what was soon to become the main event. "Why?"

"Because I'm trash too!" Austin jumped in, unable to contain himself. Andrew sighed.

"That was my joke Austin! Mine! Why did I even tell you?"

"Hey guys, I got a joke," Ryan said, unable to contain his grin. "Well, more of a story, but there's a joke at the end.

"Once upon a time, there was a group of four friends. These four friends were the best friends ever. They laughed and joked and caused mischief wherever they went. Then one day, one of the men wanted to go and cause mischief by himself. He introduced two of his friends, so that his friends would still be able to cause mischief with him gone. But when he came back the next morning, those two friends had completely replaced him. He was no longer needed.

"Can you guess who those two friends were?"

"Us?" Andrew asked, a wave of sobriety obviously washing over him.

"Want to know the joke?" Ryan asked. "The joke is that the man who was replaced plotted and plotted, until one day, he killed them."

Austin paled as well, understanding. "T-That's not a very funny joke, Ryan.."

Ryan grinned. "Too bad, it's the end of the story. And the end of yours." He said, pulling out the knife. At this point, Ryan had forgotten he was even streaming as he cleanly sliced Austin's head off, cutting off the scream about to come from his mouth. Andrew stared in horror.

"Ryan, please, don't do this!" He gasped, trying to grab a metal tube behind him.

"Too bad, I thought you would've seen this coming. Running into a soundproof room, too.. Thought you were smarter than that, Andrew." Ryan said, plunging the knife into Andrew's chest over and over, until he looked like Swiss cheese.

"Now no one can replace me.. but I'm not done yet. Oh, hey guys, you enjoying the stream?" Ryan asked, a cruel edge creeping into his voice. He knew most of the viewers watching would be in their teens, and most likely would have never seen a death before, much less a murder.

Everyone flooded the chat with shock and horror, and in the case of some, like the mods, anger. "Paige said 'i can't believe you, i thought you were a decent guy!' Well Paige, appearances can be quite deceiving."

Ryan continued to his next targets: Jerome and Ben, twirling his knife as he walked, whistling the Bean animation music.

Jerome and Ben were probably hiding in Jerome's office, behind the screen Ryan had set up the other day. Jerome wouldn't know where else to hide, and Ben would be too lazy to find his own spot.

Ryan walked into Jerome's office and hid the knife again. "Found you guys!" He said cheerfully, pulling back the screen. "Wanna hear a joke?"

Ryan retold the story, except this time focusing on how Jerome and Ben completely forgot about him and accepted Andrew and Austin as replacements. "And you want to know the joke? The man plotted and plotted to kill the ones that betrayed him, until one day, he did." Ryan quickly and cleanly sliced off Ben's head and pinned down Jerome.

"I'm going to have fun with you..." Ryan cut bananas and all sorts of shapes into Jerome's flesh, Jerome trying not to scream, but still letting out the occasional whimper. "You were my best friend. I didn't realize I was so replaceable. Goodbye, Jerome." Ryan carefully cut out Jerome's heart and walked away, letting the man bleed to death.

He found Steve and Blade and quickly killed them for the same reason. By now, Ryan could hear the sirens approaching the building. One of the mods had probably called JP or Mitch or anyone from Blackshore and gotten them to call to police to the office.

Alex and Dasha were hiding in the cubicle room next to the hopescatche board. They weren't hiding very well, just sitting under the table. Dasha looked up at him in fear and Alex stood in front of her protectively. Ryan shut off the stream at that point, not wanting anyone to find out about this part.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. You two didn't forget about me and betray me. Do you want to help me escape from the cops? If not, I'll have to kill all three of us. No witnesses and such."

Alex and Dasha shared a look. "We're in."

wow

uhh

idk where those 1.3k words came from? In Spanish I had like an hour of free time so I went from 100 words to 1000 and finished the rest whenever I had time-on the bus, in between classes... but yeah. idk where this idea came from but i really like how this turned out! happy Halloween everyone!