Him (No Ship)

'But maybe in another world
Maybe in another life
This could be a story told
Of how two fools could get it right'

'I think I might just miss it
That starry eyed delusion that I wore
But there was still a part of me
Who saw it coming long before'

'Every time we message
The smile on my face gets so wide
Every time we message
I forget for a while that you're not mine'

'You got me caught around your finger
And though there's nothing I could bring ya
Every word you say, I cling ta
So I'll just listen and I'll let them linger'

yes two songs. both are amazing. listen to them.

~

I didn't know what I was expecting.

I knew he had a girlfriend.

I knew he wouldn't like me in the same way.

But yet, I still ended up liking him.

It was stupid, but I couldn't control it.

His humor, his laugh, his caring side that made you feel like you were the most important person to him... Hell, even just watching & listening to him interact with people made me smile like an idiot.

I was a fool, and I knew it.

It was a wonderful feeling when I wasn't thinking about how he could never be mine, when we were just talking.

Whenever he came online, I stopped whatever I was doing to see what he was doing, who he was talking to even if I didn't say hello. Just his presence could brighten up my whole day.

In a way, he led me on. The nickname based on my profile picture that only he called me, the fact I was the only one with a genuine nickname from him, how much he cared when I seemed off, how he always made sure to greet me out of everyone.

Maybe that wasn't being led on to some people, but to me it sure felt like it.

Every time I develop feelings towards someone, I think of a quote from one of my biggest heroes: "I'm not the right guy, I'm just the nice guy." I always kept that in my head because genuine feelings are hard to figure out. I think that maybe he was a mix of both, and that made it even worse somehow. I didn't know how to explain it, but it did.

I was so screwed.

just a short little rant piece because woo feelings suck especially when they're towards someone who's already taken