4.78 - New Emperor - Dangerous Angels

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry," Bing Shi lifted her gaze at Xuan Mu, "I have him by my side."

"..." Edan bowed in understanding, opening a carriage door for them in silence.

Since the banquet, these two had been traveling 'together' in secret. They would separate early in the morning to do their own things, and return by night to continue to do their own things.

Bing Shi set a price for whoever could improve the logistics and marketing department, by inventing faster vehicles, improving the storehouses, or coming out with a better way to advertise their items. It would be even better if somebody invented a camera. (Giving out hints here and there to get her result faster.)

Repeating the process one day after another.

The Black Sky army deliberately accepted fewer and fewer contracts as they started to work on the abandoned lands that Ru Quan obtained from his expeditions. He bought a high amount of gunpowder and ammunition to speed up the mining process as those untouched lands contained gold and precious ore.

Unknown to many, this crazy couple began to equip themselves for incoming worlds, creating as many income streams as possible. They accumulated an enormous wealth at an unimaginable speed.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

After another three years...

Tian Shi was summoned back to Rania.

The previous Emperor had passed away, and Zhao Rong ascended to the throne. Intriguingly, he saw a reflection of himself in Tian Shi. Both prioritized their ambitions above matters of the heart. Believing he understood her completely, he was convinced that she would rather perish than be bound to a man.

Their relationship was complex, an unconventional sort of 'friends with benefits.' Although Zhao Rong harbored feelings for her, he didn't think twice about selling Tian Shi off for his addiction, knowing that she would come back to him. She always did.

Meanwhile, the court officials were pushing Tian Shi to become a new Empress. They knew of her humble origins, so why were they so keen on it? Wouldn't her ascension taint the royal lineage? No one saw her as a mere farmer's daughter or a courtesan any longer. She had managed to sway Ru Quan, a formidable warlord.

She didn't need to be royalty; she didn't need to know how to fight. To move the masses, she could be fierce, compassionate, and brave, like an angel. Still pure and untouched.

They saw her as an entity from a higher realm that could bring prosperity to their kingdom. They wanted to give her a befitting title, while in truth, nobody wanted to push their daughters into certain death.

Ru Quan had once told her,  'If you have an army fighting for you, that's all you need. If ninety-nine percent of people believe that you should be a leader, then you'll become one. No bloodline is required.'

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

When Bing Shi and Ru Quan emerged from Eliaros, he swiftly moved to shield her from the barrage of flying rocks and spoiled food hurled their way.

From a distance, the Tui family watched, their eyes narrowed in judgment. A crowd of citizens had gathered, their protests escalating into a clamor that drew the stares of everyone around.

"Hand over the killer!"

"She's the reason the Tui's daughter is dead!"

"My son lost himself to that temptress and refused to wed!"

"What, angel?! Ha! She is a succubus in human skin! Pthew!"

"Hand over the murderer!"

"Because of Tianshies, my daughter committed suicide!"

"This kingdom doesn't need such a filthy Empress!"

The chaos abruptly dispersed when a group of men formed a protective circle around Bing Shi and Ru Quan.

Under the cover of his cloak, Ru Quan looked down at her and gently caressed her tear-streaked cheek, "This is what you're fighting for?"

"Mm...It's exhausting to be infamous," Bing Shi nodded, leaning into his touch, her eyes misty. "I don't want to stay here anymore."

The men watched in terror how the eerily calm man covered in trash escorted the unscathed Tian Shi to her carriage. They only knew that Tian Shi paid an enormous sum to ensure Eliaros's safety. Nobody ever thought that these two could share a relationship beyond that of a contractor and contractee, much less a husband and wife. They were just that different, too contrasting in nature.

The family of Tuis continued to use their immense influence to take revenge for their deceased family member at all costs, going as far as targeting other Angels.

They built their secret army to overthrow Zhao Rong. They even bought the Black Sky army, exchanging more than half of their wealth to get them on their side. Everything for the painful death of one person, Tian Shi.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

The flower-perfumed air moved within the sun rays, a horse propelled over the piece of grassland, its powerful limbs tearing into the earth.

Bing Shi held the reins of the horse as Ru Quan placed his arms around her waist.

Leaning closer to her, he brushed her hair to the side.

"Ngh!!!" Surprised, she lost her posture with the saddle. She couldn't follow the horse's motion in a rhythm that set the horse's speed, causing the animal to stop abruptly. "Aaaah!" she screamed in fear, almost falling.

"Don't lose focus." Holding her so she wouldn't fall off, he pressed his lips against her neck. Her scent was intoxicating. As he licked and kissed her soft skin, a wave of pure pleasure ran through his entire body.

"..." Without any comments, Bing Shi set the rhythm of the rider's seat; the horse began to move at a regular, set pace again. This time, a lot slower. She felt his hot breath on her neck, then the tender brush of his lips, burning as they made contact with her skin.

Now that she was better at horse riding, it seemed he wanted to experiment with new stuff with her. Why else would he decide to ride on the same horse?