So that's where you sat now, scrubbing your wings clean from the black muck. You had gotten most of it out, and to help with the rest you had brought out a mirror so you could clean every spot on them. There was no way you were looking unclean on your first day at Erebor. You wiped the rag on your wing, clearing away the paint before you dipped it into the water to clean it and started over again. The bathtub you sat in was luxurious, easily big enough to hold you and your wings. The room you were staying in was equally much so. Tall stone walls with hanging lanterns and decorative wooden beds and other furniture were made of light brown wood that had been infused with small streaks of gold.

Your wings were now clean, and you held them open as you tried to dry them as fast as possible. You had, of course, shaken off the excess water as you got out of the bath, but they still needed a moment to dry. You managed to get your underdress on and now you were brushing your wings as you sat behind the dressing screen. You were almost done, a small section left to be treated with the serum when there was a knock on the door.
"Is it alright for us to come in?" The voice was clearly feminine, and you were secure behind the dressing screen, so you answered yes.

The door opened to reveal an older dwarrodam and two younger ones, all carrying clothes.
"Lady Y/N? We brought you some dresses to try on." You felt your skin heat up.
"Thank you so much, but all my clothes need to be specially fitted so my wings will fit so I don't think those dresses will fit me right. I am so sorry that you had to go through so much trouble and then I even cannot wear them." The only answer you got was a bright laugh.
"Don't you worry for a moment, dear. We'll have the dresses you like fitted for your wings. In the meantime, is there a dress you'd like us to help you put on?" You were silent for a moment before answering.
"Uh. There is a light blue one I thought I'd wear." You stepped out behind the curtain and the three dwarrodams gasped at the sight of your wings.
"I am sure that I will get into it myself. Thank you for the offer, I greatly appreciate it." The three gave short curtsies and excited the room and you sighed. You walked to your bag and dug out the blue dress.

You were sitting on your bed, reading when there was another knock on the door.
"Y/N? Are you ready?" You closed your book at the sound of Tauriel's voice.
"Yes!" The door opened and she walked in, stopping as she saw your wings.
"Oh! Fili wasn't exaggerating when he described how beautiful they were. Or you for that matter." You blushed. Both at the compliment and the fact that Fili had described you as beautiful.

Tauriel was showing you the kingdom, after informing you that Fili had to go to a meeting with his uncle. Walking around, you tried to keep your wings tucked tightly against your back, in vain. The shining speckles of light that reflected your wings and danced all around the floor, walls, and ceiling were bound to capture the attention of people. First to your wings and then to you.

When the attention was starting to get overwhelming, and you were so close to opening your wings and hiding behind them, Fili came to your rescue. Unlucky for him, he entered the room from an angle your wings were blocking your view from.
"Y/N! There yo-" He was cut off when your wings sprung open rapidly when you got startled by his voice. Another one of them hit him in the chest, pushing him over.

You yanked yourself around, gasping when you saw Fili lying on the floor. You pulled your wings back against you tightly and sprinted to him.
"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Kneeling next to him, you were starting to shake nervously. This was not how you imagined this day going.
"No harm done." Fili started to climb up, accepting your hand. He brushed off his clothes, running a hand through his hair to tame it. Your heart was still beating hard, your nerves not easing as every eye in the hall was on the two of you.
"I'm so sorry it took me this long, uncle wouldn't let us leave." He sighed.
"What would you like to do?" You shrugged, just wanting to spend time with him. Preferably alone.
"How about a walk?" He suggested, and your eyes brightened. You had wanted to get out from underground. Erebor was stunning, but it was slightly too claustrophobic for your taste.
"Yes, please. I'll just fetch my coat."

You met Fili next to the huge front doors, your coat pulled on your shoulders. He was waiting, in the same attire as before but with a sword strapped to his hip and a few daggers in his scabbards. You stiffened, realizing going outside here wasn't as easy as it was in Rivendell. He noticed you staring at the sword and he smiled, grabbing your hand.
"It's only a precaution. I'm sure there won't be a need for it. Don't worry." He tried to assure you, but you were still nervous.
"Are there any guards coming with us?" Fili shook his head.
"I can protect us." He promised with a serious face, and you met his eyes.
"You'll keep me safe?" He nodded, squeezing your hand.
"Always."

You started to relax as you inhaled the fresh forest air slowly. The areas surrounding Erebor were beautiful, the young threes that had sprouted after the death of Smaug. You and Fili walked hand in hand, his eyes on you as you converse while walking. Even if the forest air calmed you down, you were still on high alert, every rustle and crack making you jump. Fili smiled at your jumpiness, squeezing your hand in a calming fashion.

A particularly loud crack in the forest made you stiffen, and Fili's hand flew to the hilt of his sword. You lifted your wings higher, into a "fighting stance", prepared for a fight. For a while, it was completely silent. You focused all your attention on listening, trying to understand what was going on behind the trees. You heard breathing. So it was something that was alive. It didn't take long for them to make their move.

You heard the unmistakable sound of a bow being strung, and you didn't even think. You extended your wing rapidly, so it was positioned in front of him. The arrow bounced off your wing without even leaving a mark, it only let out a small metallic sound. Another arrow flew, but it ricochet from your wing again. Fili stared at you with wide eyes, but his expression turned angry when a group of orcs appeared from the forest. There were at least twenty of them.

Fili and you began backing away slowly, keeping your eyes tightly on them as you tried to think of a plan. They had bows, backing away wasn't an option, and you couldn't protect the both of you when running. There were too many to face in a fight. You lifted your wing up again to block an arrow when a battle cry sounded from behind. Thorin followed by six guards and Dwalin stormed in, appearing to each side of you. The lead orc fired an arrow toward Thorin, but you extended your wing to block it, almost hitting him in the jaw by accident. Your position made you use the inside of your wing, and the arrow embedded into your flesh, making you wince.

The dwarves finished off the orcs in no time as you hung back. You knew how to fight but there were too many of them. Fili pulled his sword out from an orc's back and jogged to you.
"Are you alright?" You grasped his hands, inspecting him closely, checking for any injuries.
"I'm fine. But you're hurt." He gestured to your wing that hung slightly out of place as the arrow was still in it. You stretched the wing open, plucking out the arrow. It had hit you in a softer spot between your feathers, but only the tip had reached your flesh.
"Only a scratch." You calmed him, handing him the arrow. He stared at it for a moment before he snapped it in half and threw it on the ground.
"Shall we? You must be hungry?" He offered you his arm and you happily took it. The two of you were quickly enrolled in a rapid discussion about what had happened.

Dwalin strode next to Thorin, who was watching the two of you walking away.
"She saved you." He commenter, getting a rather dirty look as a response. Thorin was not your biggest fan. Fili was in line for the throne, and Thorin had thought he would have had a dwarrodam as his One, but no. It was an elf. With golden wings.
"Thorin. Fili is completely enamored with her. And she clearly returns his feelings. Why are you fighting this? Why don't you give Fili permission to ask Y/N's hand in marriage? He begged you earlier today, and yet you refused."
"She's an elf." Thorin just growled, and Dwalin let out a laugh.
"Aye, that she is." Thorin sighed. He knew his friend and advisor had a point. The two of you were clearly in love. But still, the truth that both of his nephew's Ones were elves stung slightly.
"Dís will have your head if you break Fili's heart by telling him he cannot marry her. You know that." Dwalin followed the two of you, leaving Thorin alone with his thoughts. He could still see the glitter of your wings between the trees and looked up when he heard Fili laughing. He shook his head.
"Maybe the idea of them marrying isn't such a bad one after all."

FINALLY! I have worked on this for so so so SO long that I am relieved that it's ready.
(Also, I'm working on part 3 of 'Dragons')

Should I do part 3? What do you think? Maybe with something wedding-y ;)

Edited on 9.12.2022