68: The Last Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"No..."

***

If you couldn't tell from before, Karin's funeral was today. The first part of the ceremony was at the burial home, and so family would sit in the first few seats while friends would sit in the back. The room had brand new grey carpet as multiple chandeliers hung upon the ceiling. Soft warm lights lit up the room while a single red carpet was rolled out towards Karin's casket. Her body was prepped up and laid down in an abundance of flowers. Pink and merlot colored carnations were scattered around her lovely figure.

Her favorite flowers.

Karin wore a rose colored dress that left part of the sleeves off shoulder. Her hair was wavy and curled as her skin was powered to perfection. The marks left on her neck and chest from the cause of death were barely noticeable. She looked like an angel.

By her death bed, a man stood before the podium, giving out the tradition speech of how great her life was, but his words meant nothing to Eijirou

By her death bed, a man stood before the podium, giving out the tradition speech of how great her life was, but his words meant nothing to Eijirou. The boy stared at his lap, counting down the seconds to when he would say his last goodbye to her. His mother and father sat on either side of him as dozens and dozens of people had showed up. Multiple pro heroes have arrived including all of class 1-A and their parents. Aizawa and All Might sat behind him, feeling their sorrow spike up by the minute. Almost all the girls were holding back tears as everyone wore black.

A classmate that they didn't even have the chance to truly know was gone. Many of the students felt guilt for judging her or for not including her for too much. The day where Aizawa and them gave her gifts in school struck back in their minds. They remembered how happy and joyful she was to feel accepted at last.

And she was now gone.

Aizawa felt truly responsible for her death. If only he would've been paying attention to her words and to what All for One was doing.... she wouldn't have felt the need to sacrifice herself for him and the two boys. He was usually always moody and tired, but his depression had worsen. His doctor had prescribed him a higher dose of medication and he would be taking therapy soon. His eyes continued to stare at Karin's body, thinking back to all those moments he had with her in class. Who am I to be called a teacher- let alone a noble pro when I couldn't save her...

When she was the one to save me...

Katsuki and Shouto held out on their own through the speech, feeling themselves get lost in thought as well. There was so many people that she had affected in this room, and the turnout was more than what they've expected. The soft sound of people sniffling in the background gave the atmosphere a dark mood. Everything felt dull and completely grey anymore.