5: School Project

"You're staring again," Uraraka whispered.

At this time, everyone was still in class and Present Mic was passing around English papers for the day. Todoroki snapped out of his daze and narrowed his eyes at the brown headed girl before his desk. She was turned around in her seat.

"It's not like you stare at Midoriya every day of the week either," he muttered.

Her face lit up in a red shade. "Touchè..." she quickly turned back around and stared at the sheet that she was given. He received the same thing and looked down at it with boredom. It was another group project. They were working on the histories of various known heroes around the world.

"Okayyy class! Separate yourselves into groups of two! And please make sure to find the appropriate partner or I'll have to assign you guys into pairs myself!"

It was kind of funny how everyone paired up. Soon the class spiraled into multiple directions- like that scene of Ratatouille. Midoriya paired up with Uraraka. Bokugou was with Kirishima. Kaminari with Jirou. Sero got stuck with Mineta and Tsu was with Tokoyami.
It was everything you'd expect.

Except... Karin didn't have anyone to go to. Mina was already with Sato and Toru (since there was one group of three) and so the only person that was left for her to take was...

Todoroki.

She waved at him awkwardly and went over to join him. He seemed almost surprised on how things turned out. "I guess we're partners," he sighed. "Do you know which hero you want to do research on?"

She shrugged and looked down at the list of people that were typed upon the sheet. There were so many choices.
• Spider-Man
• Midnight
• All Might
• Hulk
• Thor
• Mt. Lady
Etc...

(Lol I'm such a nerd. Just pretend that they were born with their powers!)

She smiled and glanced back at him. "W-What about... Ms. Joke?"

He shrugged and wrote it down. "Sure."

"Alright class!" Present Mic shouted. "Have a slideshow presentation or poster due by tomorrow!"

Mina frowned. "Aww man! I was gonna go out with some friends tonight!"

Karin sat down next to Todoroki and she started to jot down some ideas for what they'd do. "P-poster or Slideshow..?"

"Poster. It'll be easier and besides, everyone will want to go the electronic route." She nodded and hurried over to grab some poster paper from the back of the classroom. It was clear that they wouldn't get practically any time to work on it in class so they'd have to see each other that afternoon. He sure didn't want her going to his house either.
"Karin, May I come over so we can work on the poster?"

Her face turned red and immediately she thought of what Kirishima may think. He wouldn't mind would he?

She decided to push that thought to the back of her mind. It'll be okay..

"S-sure.."

On the other hand, Kirishima and Bokugou were doing a presentation based on the hero, crimson riot- Eijirou's idol. It took some time to convince his friend but eventually he gave in. Part of him was still angry about what he did to his cousin but everyone else got a partner already and he knew that Bokugou would've gotten stuck with Karin if he didn't do something to step in.

~

Karin was at her locker packing up when Midoriya stumbled upon her. "Hey Karin!"

She glanced back at him and smiled. "Hey.."