17: Karin Kirishima: Missing

Eijirou had to comfort his mother while she was sobbing into his chest. They sat on the couch while police scanned the house for any leading factors into Karin's disappearance. It's been hours since she last walked out the door, but out of everyone, Eijirou's father felt the worse.
He was supposed to be there to look after her, but he got distracted with making dinner. Inside, he was a panicking mess as he was also pacing around the living room floor. "Th-this is all my fault.... i-I didn't even hear her leave!"

At this point, word had gotten out to the squad cars patrolling the area; the search was on.

Eijirou shook his head in frustration. "I don't fucking get this," he hissed. "I never expected her to do anything like this- she wouldn't even talk to me since the incident! Monoma pushed her over the edge and I couldn't do anything to help!!"

His mother clung onto him with shaking arms and let out another sob into his shirt. This was the last straw for her. First, there was the scars found on her arms and now this. It was heartbreaking to know that she couldn't help her niece accomplish anything.
His father frowned down at him with glossy pupils while they both locked eyes.

"This was a mistake to let her join UA! People were walking all over her and she was failing her classes! Everything was starting to get worse and she wouldn't open up to me anymore!!"

He was right. His father ran his fingers through his hair and let out a shaky breath. "I-I thought that maybe she'd be ready.... We just wanted to help pursue her dream..."

The redhead clenched his jaw and took out his phone with shaking hands. He felt as if he was breaking, himself. Karin meant too much to him and he was terrified to think that she was probably out in the dark world alone. Villains could snatch her up or she could be kidnapped...
she could be killed..

So, he alerted the entire class about what happened with group chat. Everyone was starting to panic and offered their services to help in other districts of Japan. But out of everyone in the class, Bakugou and Todoroki immediately made their way towards his house. Not everyone read my message...

They were both worried sick.

Todoroki [9:12 pm]: she just ran away?? How long ago??

Bakugou [9:13 pm]: that fucking idiot!! I'm on my way!

Kirishima was forced to look away from his phone when a police officer approached him and his mother. "We already have her information running through dispatch. We're going to do everything we can to find her. But tell me, is there any place where you think she may have gone to?"

Eijirou shook his head. "I don't know anywhere where she could have possibly ran... there's no one else that's able to take her in around here! She could just be wandering around aimlessly!"

His mother sniffled and glanced up at the man. "Please, you have to find her. She won't last long out on her own!"

"We're doing everything we can, ma'am."

Eijirou made a tsk sound with his teeth as he rose from his seat on the couch. He wrapped a blanket around his mother before storming towards the coat rack to grab his jacket. "Where do you think you're going," his father asked.

"Out. I'm not going to sit here while my cousin is out there- doing who knows what!"

"No way! You're staying here where it's safe!"

The redhead whipped his attention around to glare daggers at his father. The man stiffened from his sons change in emotion and took a step back. He's never done this before..

"I don't want her to get hurt!! There's a better chance that we'll find her if more people are out for the search! If I don't go, I'll never own up to being a true fucking man- let alone being a hero!!" He shoved the jacket on and slammed the door shut when he left.