36: Final Exams (Pt. 1)

(Lol there's probably errors in here and I'm so sorry lol)

For the next week and a half, Ryo has stayed with the rest of the Kirishima family in secret. He had the downstairs basement all to himself and fixed up the place to make it actually neat. But throughout this time, he was practically mute. He was still there with the family and spent as much time as possible throughout the day, but they figured that he was just trying to cope with what happened on that day. Through everything he's been through, this was the most painful.

Physical pain could always go away, but mental scars are what truly changes a man. He tried to hide his despair and depression with fake smiles, but Karin and everyone could read him easily. The curse of his color changing eyes was always a disadvantage.

He thought about the actions of his wife a lot and how she was the main cause of Karin's depression. There was so much anger and confusion and he would be lying if he said that he wasn't crying almost every night. His daughter came to him often during the nights and comforted him when he couldn't make it on his own. Eijirou found them both sleeping on his couch in the mornings and smiled when he saw how much they ended up getting back on track.

Ryo also had something else eating up his mind.

Karin was in class 1-A.

Meaning that every time she went to school, he was worried sick about whether or not she would never come back. When Kai and Sato were off to work and the house was empty, he was sneak out to find any information about the League of Villains but came up empty.

Karin also told him about this Dabi person. She never told him about his connection with the same group but at the same time, he was curious as to where he was as well. Ryo wanted to meet him in person and to get more answers, but again he came up empty. He didn't have all the pieces to this puzzle and part of him was terrified to tell Karin or the others about it. She wanted to be a hero so badly, but he wanted to keep her safe from the world. He didn't want the single chance of losing her.

But this was the same League that attacked the U.S.J a while back. They've already been known to attack the school once..

But through all this worrying, Karin ended up studying every night for the final exams. Iida's packet that he'd given her worked like a charm and soon her confidence grew with each night that passed.

And then it was the day of final exams.

"Do you have everything you guys need? A calculator? Pencils, pens, rulers?? Do you have enough to eat this morning?"

Ryo was the first one up as he was getting his daughter and nephew ready for the day. Eijirou and Karin were in the kitchen with their bags and uniforms on while the sun rays sparked through the window. He made breakfast for them that consisted of eggs, bacon and pancakes.

"We're fine," Eijirou yawned. "We'll be alright."

"You sure? You did study along with her right?"

Sato walked into the kitchen with a yawn and stretched his back. "Calm down Ryo. Todoroki and Bakugou helped them both out for finals. They got this."

Ryo sighed and leaned against the kitchen counter. Light peach fuzz had grown along his chin from and he looked more exhausted than ever. Everyone knew that he was slowly getting better, but it still pained them to see him this way.

Karin hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek. "I'll try my best," she smiled. "I'll work hard in the written exams, and then the physical one will be easy! I heard from some of the other classes that we'll be fighting against robots."