37: Final Exams (Pt. 2)

So... let's just say that Bakugou wasn't able to full fill his promise after his final exam. Katsuki ended up getting paired with his rival, Midoriya and they had to fight together in order to defeat All Might himself. They passed, but throughout the entire battle, Bakugou argued with Izuku and became reckless with his strikes. His temper almost costed them the fight, but luckily Izuku was able to changed the odds.

Karin watched the whole thing in horror. Her blood was completely drained, and she was worried sick about both of them. Bruises and cuts were left on their bodies while they had to be sent straight towards Recovery Girl afterwards.

Eijirou stood next to her and rubbed the back of his neck

Eijirou stood next to her and rubbed the back of his neck. "I know that they aren't supposed to go easy on us, but he went way overboard with this whole battle..." She nodded instantly. Her purple irises scanned the screen again and by then the entire class was done with their finals. Eijirou was one of the students that didn't pass the physical. Along with him was Mina, Kaminari, and Rikido.

Karin frowned at them all as they sulked in their defeat. They were all still in the observation room, staring at the screens while they tried to figure out what they did wrong. "I think you guys are being t-too hard on yourselves," she sighed.

She gave each one of them a hug and used her empath power to enlighten their moods. Eijirou shrugged while exhaling a breath. "I guess..."

Aizawa glanced at her and raised a brow. "Well all of the teams have finished. Is there anything you need before I call up volunteers?"

She took a deep breath and fidgeted with her hair. "N-no I'm good." He looked as if he wanted to say more. She had improved much since the beginning of the year and to see her progress through it all brought a slight feeling of pride to his chest. Though his expression was left dull, he was silently cheering her on and wanting to see her fight again in the final exam. It's been a while...

He looked through his papers and observed all of his passing student's profiles. He wasn't about the give the other four a second chance, so he rather have to pick out someone that would certainly even the odds in the field.

After all, he didn't mind fighting again if it meant helping his student.

"May I volunteer?" Karin jolted from hearing the familiar voice, and she shifted the balance between her feet. Her and Aizawa looked over to see Shouto Todoroki standing amongst his crowd of students with his attention focused on him alone. He narrowed his eyes at his pupil and tapped his index finger against the desk. Behind him, the video screen illuminated his dark figure.

"You've already fought me once," he growled.

"I understand that. But you taught me not to rely on my quirk during battle. I'm one of the only few people that she can be compatible with in battle. She needs to learn exactly what I went through during my final and I'll be able to be the perfect partner. If you want, I won't even use my power completely so it'll be a fair fight."