55: The Beast in Roses

"Mama... this hurts..."

"Make them stop yelling..."

"Natsuo... it's okay. I'm right here. Cry on my shoulder if you need to."

"Mom's crying again... she has bruises on her wrists..."

"Shouto?"

"Please.... I can't take this anymore....."

"Don't let him hurt me..."

"Dad... stop this! Please!" Toya felt his back get slammed against the hardwood flooring while the entire right side of his body blistering from mild burns. His father, Enji Todoroki towered over him with a mighty glare. All the breath escaped from his lungs as he was left to quiver upon the floor with fear.

"Get the hell up! Quit pretending to be so damn pathetic!"

Tears formed in the boys eyes as he bared his teeth at the man

Tears formed in the boys eyes as he bared his teeth at the man. Three days of constant training was getting the best of him as his body was growing more and more sore by the minute. Of course, he's been training ever since he was little, but Endeavor was ever so impatient nowadays...

"Leave... me ... alone!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs as he swung his hand around at his father. Blue fire emitted from his palm, barely grazing the man as he dodged his desperate attack. Endeavor dashed towards him, his feet quickly stomping against the floorboards before kicking his son across the room. A sharp gasp escaped his throat as he hit the back wall. In the distance of the household, a terrified female scream could be heard.

It must've been Fuyumi at the time. The fire hero bared his teeth from the sound and whipped his head back towards the main door. "Shut up! This is for his own good!"

"Dad please..." Endeavor met once again with his sons eyes as the boy struggled to get up from the pain. He forcibly had to lean against the wall for his main support. The blistering of his skin was visibly noticeable as part of his shirt was charred from his father's fierce attacks. The taller man sauntered towards him with his fists clenched.
"You hold such promise, Toya. But now look at you. With your fire power, you could easily stride to the top, but you hold your mothers pathetic personality! You're weak! You hold yourself back from your true potential! Shouto would have already gotten past my expectations at this point! You're a complete mistake!!"