53: Panic Attacks

Jin Bubaigawara...

Karin recognized him as the villain that first attacked Katsuki back at camp. Instantly though, she remembered the name from her father's past. They were once close friends, and they were part of the catalyst group...

She didn't even know that he was still alive.. and yet she wanted to learn more about him.... slightly. The man seemed more timid than how she last saw him- possibly from meeting her in person for the first time. When thinking back to her father's past, she would wonder if he'd even mention her to Jin before, or if this was the just first he's heard of her. It wouldn't matter too much, but it was the smaller pieces like that that often tied the past together in a complete picture.

Karin may have not been able to use her quirks, but she was still able to sense the emotions without interaction. Both of their auras were out of her reach to touch and she had the sudden urge to help... even when she barely knew him. His body glowed light purples and dark blues. "Y-you knew my dad! You were in the c-Catalyst group, right?"

Jin sat at the very edge of the bed, careful to not get too close in the first place. He knew of Dabi's protective manner would get in the way of that. And in a way, it was still odd to see the girl for the first time. Of course the clone he's made was the only interaction he's had of Karin, but that was like six years ago..
"The names Twice! Not Jin! Although Ryo calls me that and you're a blood relative... so I guess you can. Never mind!"

His once shy demeanor would bounce back to an outgoing tune before he quickly recoiled a bit. His shoulders dropped and he avoided her gaze. It was like their was two different people taking control of his voice at once. She frowned at this and hugged Dabi tighter. "He looks sad.. and excited at the same time... is there something wrong with him?"

Twice crossed his arms and crossed his legs over the mattress. He looked almost uncomfortable that she brought it up. Dabi rubbed the back of his neck. "I'll... talk to you about it later, kid."

Karin felt her mind spin with all this extra information shoved into her. Oh right... he had the split personality thing.. She reached up to pull at her hair as she hid her face behind her bangs. Her lips started to quiver more as she tore her gaze away from the villains. "Th-this... is so much... everything is so much," she whispered. Tears were forming within her vision as she was slowly started having troubles keeping a steady breath. Twice found himself bewildered almost from the heart wrenching tone in her voice. Did I do something wrong?

"Hey hey, it's alright. Look at me; it's okay," Dabi soothed.

"N-no! Everything! H-he... and m-my dad... and the League! I-I'm scared Dabi- I don't want to be here," she cried, "Please...j-just ... I don't know anymore..." Twice slowly crawled his way towards her and Dabi, careful not to dig his own grave with his actions.

"Aw man! Stop crying- jeez. I-I'm sorry! Did I do something wrong?" His hand reached out to lightly tap her shoulder, making her shrink back in terror. Dabi could no longer hold her as she yanked herself from his arms.
"N-no... but how can you be here?? How can any of this be possible! I just want a place for Dabi, Katsuki and my family to be! I just want out!"

When adding to more of drama, Jin's introduction only added more uncertainty in her chest. Her father must of saw him again, right? Otherwise he wouldn't have been here in the room- a-and he shouldn't have stayed in this group! This wasn't right- none of it was! Her father didn't know where the new hiding place for the League was and both her and Katsuki were their captives. Even with Dabi around to comfort her, she needed Bakugou to be around. She needed to know that he was okay, and she needed him for support!

With Jin's story about being trapped in the Catalysts group, he was most likely trapped in the League, right?? That had it be it!

The sudden urge to flee dragged her to grabbing at her collar. She gritted her teeth together before using her normal strength to try to tear the metal off. Dabi's eyes widened at this. "Karin don't! You'll"-