25: Stain, Blood, and Bullets

"Are you sure about this?"

Aizawa was standing upon the roof of UA academy. He viewed the city beyond as he held a phone up to his ear. The city sky was turning dark as clouds blanketed the sky.

"Yes! I'm pretty sure. This man usually works alone and I've never seen him with that girl before. Her hood was up but she had the same hair color as the girl in the poster." The old lady he met before called him up with new information about Karin Kirishima possibly.

It was a good thing that he handed out the posters. But I have to make sure and see for myself if this is the real deal..

This man was known as Dabi. A somewhat well known man throughout the Daku sector but has been known for his harsh conduct towards certain people. He doesn't lash out unless necessary and he has black spiky hair with purple scars underneath his eyes and over the chin.

This woman found him coming in through the east as he entered the district. He must've came from the rich neighborhoods beforehand with Karin by his side. But why?

If it is her, then is he the reason for her disappearance? Where were they going?

"Thank you very much for this ma'am. I'll be sure to head down to Daku tomorrow to give you the cash reward myself.."

"Bless you Eraserhead."

He hung up the phone and let out a sigh of relief. Two days of searching and he finally found himself a lead. He ran his fingers through his black hair and stared down at the screen. The bags under his eyes were even worse and he looked like death himself.

I pray that it is her... it'll mean that she's not hurt.. or even worse- dead. But with this new information... they must've had a place in the Daku sector since they were coming through so late at night. I'll have to get access to the public security cameras through the east neighborhoods and maybe pick up some visuals. Maybe it'll give me clues as to where they came from before they were spotted..

He started walking towards the entrance door of the rooftop and dialed up his phone once again. He was buddies with one of the detectives of the nearest police station. "Naomasa... I need your help..."

***

"I understand your concern. I got us both access to the security cameras around the district no problem. I'm just glad that at least someone found a lead for her, you know?"

Aizawa and Naomasa walked down a narrow hallway leading to one of the observation rooms to their right. He opened up the door, revealing a room filled with many screen panels. The officer sat in his chair before logging into the database. Aizawa waited patiently as he stood beside him with his arms crossed. As the screen loaded, the man quirked a brow at the pro hero.
"Dude... you haven't gotten sleep lately haven't you..?"

"That doesn't matter right now. I need to know if it's her or not."

"Okay man..." Naomasa typed more within the screen and pulled up the central webpage for the security network. It took a while before he was able to pull up the footage recovered from the east district from the last 48 hours. He scrolled through the timeline as both men had their eyes glued onto the screen.

"Stop. Right there!" Aizawa pointed to the screen and soon enough it showed two figures walking towards the sidewalk. They just exited a certain house along side the main road. The camera itself was placed over a four way intersection, making it capture it all perfectly from its angle.

Aizawa sighed and observed the screen for a moment longer. The man they called Dabi led the girl by holding her wrist. Her face couldn't be seen, but the woman was right to when she said that she had the same hair color. The unknown girl looked to be just around Karin's height, and it seemed as if she was trying to keep her identity a secret from the public already. She wiped her face as if she was crying.