22: Light before Darkness

This would be harder than I thought..

Everyone in class 1-A was sitting patiently within their seats as Mr. Aizawa stood at the front of the class. The bags under his eyes looked worse than before and he looked both physically and emotionally exhausted. No one spoke a word.

"As you all know, a dear student of us has gone missing over the weekend. Karin Kirishima was officially pronounced gone on Friday night and no one has heard of her since. There's been practically no evidence of where me may have gone.... so if anyone here knows anything about it, speak up."

There was only silence. Eijirou, Shouto and Bakugou lowered their gazed and sealed their mouths for spilling any information as everyone else seemed shocked by the news. Iida raised his hand up instantly.
"Do they have any idea if it was a kidnapping or a runaway?"

"It was a runaway. Eijirou's parents are desperate for any information of their niece since they found that many of her clothes weren't in the drawers that night." He leaned against his desk and went through a stack of papers in his hands.

Mina and the other girls frowned, knowing that this had a huge affect on their teacher. Eijirou felt so much guilt by keeping his mouth shut, but this was the only way. Right?

"Whatever.... many of the pro heroes know of her absence so while you all are out for your internships, keep an eye out for her. If you somehow find anything based on her disappearance then notify your advisor immediately.."

He took a deep breath and pulled over his yellow goggles over his eyes. "You all are dismissed.."

***

Out of all of the teachers, Mr. Aizawa felt the most responsible for losing his most delicate student. The feeling sunk low in his chest as he hasn't gotten any sleep in the last few nights. He watched his other students leave the building with their pro heroes before the week started and started to head out on his own.

Karin was to take him up on the offer for the internship... so what made her change her mind?

Of course, all of the teachers were told of what happened between her and Neito Monoma, but he never would of guessed that she was capable of losing her cool like that. What ever he said to her must've truly cut deep. Karin was a sweet girl with high expectations of herself that she never would have hoped to reach. She was always vulnerable emotionally towards people and that's what scared him.

He blamed himself for possibly not doing enough for helping her out. Just because of her disability, he lowered her down from the rest of the class and treated her differently. She was excluded and felt like another burden..

He walked out into the open streets as he patrolled the city area. There were so many questions with no answers in his reach. She was naive and inexperienced, so she could've winded up in any of the slum areas of the surrounding area. She wouldn't be near UA for miles.

People passed him by with smile filled faces from seeing the Eraserhead hero, but he paid no attention to them. His goal was to hit up the darker sectors of he city.. maybe then he'd find any clues that the authorities haven't.

***

Karin's phone was completely destroyed. Dabi took a hammer and smashed it with one swing. The glass littered the kitchen counter as Karin frowned. "For now on, you're using my phone if you want to text and visit them."