40: Connections

Izuki Midoriya.

Tomura hated him. Loathed him. At the mall he managed to sneak up to him and grabbed him by the neck without anyone willing to notice. His hood covered his face as he had a "little chat" with the poor boy. What seemed like minutes for him, felt like complete torturous hours. He was terrified and when he was finally released by Tomura, the villain disappeared into the crowds of the mall- never to be seen again.

Tomura used him as some type of therapy. He was trapped and completely vulnerable in the situation because he knew that lives would be at stake if he screamed for help. The villain asked about the difference between him and stain. Ever since Stain was put in prison and taken down, the public has only viewed him and not the league of villains. Midoriya remembered him well and his accomplice, Kyoki- who was never found to this day.

The search for the other man has been at a stand still..

But what startled him most what another person that Tomura brought up....

Dabi.

"Heh... I get it now. Dabi and the others followed his ideology quicker ....because of my lack of connection with ambition..."

Dabi.... was the same person that Karin once talked about to him all that time ago. She cared about him and he was like a brother to him as well.

He was a villain...

And so when everyone from that group was pulled into a police station that same day, they were all interrogated. Even him.

But he remained silent about Dabi for the entire time..

Karin, Yuga and the rest of the group were in the waiting room of the station when he was the last one to come out. He looked visibly pale and felt distant from everyone. His eyes sunken with fear and his heart heavy with the news that Karin had a connection with Tomura after all. He cared about her- and he knew that Karin would never do anything to hurt others. So this was the bigger reason as to why he needed to talk to her sooner.

When seeing him, Karin bolted out of her seat and embraced him with a tight hug. "O-oh my gosh! He didn't hurt you??" Izuku froze up from the hug and shook his head slowly.
"I'm fine.."

Instantly she used her quirk to calm down his nerves. His muscles were tense from the adrenaline that once pumped incessantly through his veins and he was slight shaking. Iida and Sero came up to him before patting his back. "All Might and your mother are waiting outside, Midoriya."

"Oh... tell them I'll be right out." Iida complied and left the building to share the information before anyone else could. Karin frowned and looked up at him.
"Izuku...?"

"K-Karin. We need to talk.." She frowned at him and cocked her head to the side with confusion.
"What is it?" All eyes were on him and for a moment, he couldn't find the words to speak. He was terrified of what he learned and fearful of how Karin would react. She was such a sweet girl, but there was just so much going on. The events of Stain at Hosu, Dabi, Tomura...

It was everything.

"Follow me." He grabbed her wrist, started to lead her outside. The cold breeze of the night hit both of them, making Karin shiver slightly while he seemed unfazed. All Might and Izuku's mother were the first ones to spot them both. "My baby!!" Inko rushed over to her son and completely embraced him with a tight hug. He let go of Karin's wrist to only hug her back.
"Mom I'm alright," he smiled lightly.

It was fake. Karin saw past his expression and observed his aura curiously. He seemed shocked and completely taken back. Even from this experience, there must've been a reason for him to want to speak to her. She stared off into space while she fidgeted with her hands. He grabbed me by the wrist..