52: We Just Want To Talk

"This is all my fault..."

Todoroki sat within the waiting room of the Hosu hospital, facing the floor with a defeated look on his face. His back was hunched over in his seat while his elbows rested on his knees. Bruises and cuts lined his arms and face, but otherwise he was left unharmed. Compared to some of his other classmates, he was left in better condition ever since the villain attack at camp ended. The majority of the students were okay, except Midoriya- who had severe injuries in his bruised arms. The doctors said that he'd come back out of it okay in good condition, but he was supposed to be hospitalized for three days.

Aizawa, Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, Tsu, and a few other students needed medical attention as well from having cuts from the attack. Nothing too serious was done, but everyone felt a heavy weight on their chest from the incident. News of this ambush spread throughout Japan like wildfire, catching the eyes of the mass media very quickly. So far, only two villains out of several was captured. One had the ability to make his metal like teeth grow in an incredible size and use them for either defense or offensive tactics in battle. He went by the name of Moonfish. And the other villain was known as Muscular. Midoriya managed to kill him off during battle, but because of him, Izuku's arms needed medical attention.

Moonfish injured Shoji greatly by managing to cut up a couple of his mutant limp in combat. Luckily the achieving student ended up being okay. But even with one of the accomplices turned into the authorities, three people were kidnapped during the ambush. Rag doll- a stunning member in the Wild PussyCats was taken along with Karin Kirishima and Katsuki Bakugou.

And currently all of the students besides, Eijirou, Yaoyorozu, Shoji and Midoriya were there to witness Todoroki's depression. Uraraka frowned at the sight and patted his back. "It's not your fault.. no one could've known that this was about to happen."

"But it is my fault," he hissed, "I was right there when it happened and I could've done something! But... they were already gone..." Tears swelled up in his eyes and his hands shook lightly. He hasn't slept since the attack and already, his body was exhausted. There were so many things that he regretted doing over the past few weeks. Shouto wished he could take back his temper and wished that he didn't avoid Karin like that.

He was so furious that Katsuki took her away, that he just didn't see a reason to be by her any longer. Why should I ever be around if she's already happy?

Why him..?

He felt completely useless and hasn't talked to barely anyone recently. During summer camp, he avoided conversation, concerning Iida and Izuku during that time. It was tremendous regret. He should've never left those hickeys in the first place and he should've done something else to prove it all to her. But here he was. He wasn't no hero- he was barely qualified to be a good intern. Karin and Katsuki were taken away from him and now he was left to wallow in sorrow. There was a huge possibility of never seeing them both again...

The mere thought of that happening twisted his stomach into knots. He couldn't stand it anymore..

What would Eijirou's parents think?

What about Ryo...

He'll kill me ... so would my father for being so damn weak...

Iida stood before him and grabbed him by the shoulder. Their eyes locked as the blue haired male had his jaw clenched. Iida's eyes were bloodshot red from not sleeping, but they were glossy from holding back tears. "Shut up about it Todoroki... we all failed to keep them at bay. There's nothing we can do if we're only students..."

Something in Todoroki snapped when his body tensed up from Iida's words. Everything that he was taught as a child- everything that he learned from Endeavor was that he had to be the best. He had to be number one and he was outside of all of the students in U.A. He was told that he was destined to be greater and now he felt completely hopeless.