20: A Wanted Kiss

That night, Karin begged Dabi to let them stay the night since it was already 1 o'clock in the morning. They weren't going to take chances of them being jumped in the dark sector, so Dabi hastily pulled out some blankets and pillows for them.

Karin was to get the couch, Katsuki got the leather pullout chair while Eijirou and Shouto got the floor. The lights were shut off and it was total darkness as they went to bed. Dabi went to his own room, but for some reason, Karin couldn't find herself going back to sleep.

She laid on the couch staring up at the ceiling, stuck in thought. There was so much regret and sadness in her chest that it hurt physically. Her chest tightened as more of those dark thoughts tugged at her mind and all she could think about what Bakugou's broken expression.

She hated seeing tears fall down his cheeks and hearing how his precious voice broke. Seeing him so vulnerable made her want to help comfort him in anyway possible. After minutes of thinking it through, she realized hurting herself hurt everyone else more. It left a mark and part of her get the urge to cry right then and there.

The three boys seemed already asleep. It felt so lonely..

Her blue eyes scanned over to where Bakugou was resting. The chair was big enough to look like a two seater at most. No blanket covered his body as he face away from the living room. At first, she was so hesitant, but soon she quietly snuck out of the couch. The floorboards were surprisingly quiet as she tiptoed over to his sleeping figure.

He looks so peaceful now...

But he's not asleep. His aura looks blue.. he's still upset and conscious..

Yes, to most it may have been odd to observe him while he was laying down, but she really didn't know any better. She took a deep breath and lightly tapped his shoulder. Instantly, his hand grabbed around her wrist, making her pause. Her eyes widened but she covered her mouth to prevent herself from yelping out of shock.

"What the hell do you want Karin?" He whispered.

She pouted as blush painted over her cheeks. She was embarrassed, but what she didn't realize, is that even through the darkness, he could still see it. "I-I can't sleep..."

He narrowed his eyes at her and flicked her forehead. "What do you want me to do then?"

She fidgeted with her pajama sleeves as she avoided his gaze. "May I lay next to you... Th-there's no night light here and... I-I..-"

"You're afraid of the dark..."

He was quick to point it out, but deep down he also knew something else was up. "Is there anything else messin' with you?" He quirked a brow.
Karin slowly nodded and frowned at him. "I ...just feel awful for what I did.... I know you guys probably hate me for wanting to stay here... but I can't go back.... I guess I just want to be with you and Shouto for as long as I can for now... but he's fast asleep and I knew you were still wide awake as I was.."

Katsuki looked a tad bit agitated, but on the inside, she sensed him being relieved and somewhat delighted. Why...?
"Whatever dumbass, just get a your blanket and lay down here already.."

She smiled warmly and tiptoed over to get her blanket before coming back to join Katsuki on the chair. It may have been large, but sitting on it meant that she'd have to get a tad bit cozy with him. She curled up beside him with the blanket over top of them both. Katsuki felt his own face flush at the contact, but for some reason, he also couldn't keep his eyes off of the stuffed rabbit she had in her grasp.

"Why do you still have that damn thing?"

She blushed over and hugged it tighter. "My dad gave it to me when I was little... with me having it.. it feels like he never left.."