61: It's All A Trap

Aizawa sprinted out of bed the instant he heard about the abrupt broadcast. The villains captured three more innocent civilians and tapped into the network by using the station van. By now all the equipment was destroyed, but the one thing on his mind was whether or not Karin and Bakugou made it out of his situation alive.

He didn't see the footage, but just the secondhand information alone was enough to get his blood boiling. He scrambled to get his clothes on before putting his yellow goggles over the front of his face. It was bad enough that he barely got enough sleep, but at this point he was running on pure adrenaline. All of the hero agencies have been notified, the public screaming for practically any heroes to join in to save the day. This was the turning point for hero society and this was proof that they could turn things around. But something else was also tugging at his mind.

Who is Kyoki?

Dabi mentioned him in the video, but there was no telling on who it actually was. Either way... they were going to find out soon enough. All Might was contacted just for the occasion and so was Best Jeanist. Eraserhead knew that Dabi truly cared about Karin Kirishima in the first place, so this whole situation went a complete 180 for him. How could he truly harm the one person he cared about? Dabi captured her for a reason and it wasn't just because of bait. Him and her had a family dynamic relationship- he was seen to be an older brother to her in some sort of way...

So this was indeed a trap.

***

Kirishima stared at Todoroki with slight horror. How could he have been so careless to not have noticed? The girl in the broadcast couldn't have been her since the eye color didn't match the emotion in her. Ryo pondered on the thought and was grateful for him to catch onto that. He completely forgot about that aspect of her quirk- since of course he needed to catch up on all the years he's missed.

"It's... a clone." All three of the younger boys turned their attention to him while he rubbed the back of his neck. His mind was somewhere else.

"What? A clone?" Midoriya was clueless, not wrapping his mind around it all. "How do you know?"

"Jin Bubaigawara.... he was a good friend of mine but is now in the League of Villains. He goes by Twice now.......... but it's his quirk. It has to be. He has the ability to create clones of anything he wishes as long as he has the measurements and description of the object or person. He must've messed up when he forgot about the eye color...." He clenched his jaw at the memories of his power. Jin had always struggled with making the perfect replicas of people he's dealt with in the past. It was hard to solidify the object and to get every single detail right about it.

Back when they were in the catalyst group, he'd purposely use his clones to take out enemy groups when the stock market wars began. He's improved over the years, but they were damn lucky for him to have messed up this one time. Shouto sighed with relief as he noticed his own hands shaking. "It's a distraction from the real deal. Karin and Bakugou aren't even in danger right now. They're somewhere else."

Midoriya nodded, and the group of guys found themselves slowly walking south. Eijirou lowered his gaze. "The pro heroes will already get there before we do.... so do you think that address that was emailed is"-

"It must be where they're at." They were all startled by the passion showing through Shouto's voice. The confidence in that answer was so bold that it took them aback. Midoriya sighed.
"How can you be so sure?"

Shouto motioned for Kirishima to bring out his phone for them all to see the email. "Whoever sent this purposefully titled their name as 'Unknown', meaning that it could very well be a new account or one that was meant for the exact purpose of this message. Maybe it wasn't meant to be a coincidence or not, but it sent an exact address to a place that's been closed down for decades- not to mention that it was sent not too long before the broadcast. That meat factory is on the outskirts of town and in fact, it's not too far from Daku Waste Yard either."