51: Trapped with Heartache

Everything feels so cold...

Karin first felt the overwhelming shiver that ran through her body as she was curled up into a tight ball. A heavy blanket covered over the top of her, but it wasn't enough to keep the freezing air at bay. But what woke her up originally, was the slight sound of something shuffling in the distance. She was in a bed of some sorts with a soft mattress and sheets as soft as silk. The pillows were old, but well kept. The mattress itself was washed out with dark dull colors.

Four high metal walls created the small room that kept her trapped while graffiti drawings were sprayed upon them from long ago. Their surfaces were rusted and brownish while the smell of dried blood and cigar smoke filled her nostrils. Metal pipes lined the ceiling while the only light source that was accessible for her to use was the peeping hole through the closed heavy metal door. But the one thing that alarmed her the most though, was the heavy metal shackles on her wrists that were chained up to one of the ceiling pipes. She could move around the room if she wanted to, but there was no leaving without a special key. She also felt something around her neck. It wasn't tight enough to hurt, but it was some sort of metal necklace- something used in Japanese prisons for quirk control.

She forgot exactly what the title was called, but she remembered learning about this in an old tv show not too long ago. A necklace that canceled out someone's quirk. Karin felt completely helpless at the realization, and for the fact that remnants of last nights events crept back into her thoughts.

Where am I?

Where's Katsuki?!

The essence of a dull headache lingered in her mind as she observed her surroundings more. The room was no bigger than a walk in closet, but yet it seemed as if it was once a makeshift office from the past. The sound of something shuffling in the distance was growing louder, and soon footsteps could be heard coming closer and closer towards her door. An overwhelming sense of panic took control of her body as she quickly hid underneath the blankets for comfort. Just like a little kid, she prayed that whoever it was wouldn't harm her.

The clicking sound of an iron lock made her heart pound within her chest as the door was slowly being set free. The creaking sound of the entrance opening up released in more cold air into the room, making her struggle not to shiver out of habit. The room was illuminated by a warm light that was shed in from the hallway as a looming tall figure stepped forth. Heavy steel toe boots stepped upon the cold floor in her direction, and it was tormenting her. She wanted to run, to hide and to be set free. Karin had no powers anymore..

Then the door was closed once more.

But soon a gentle hand patted her back for reassurance. Her eyes widened underneath the blankets. D-Dabi?

Quickly, the blanket was pulled off the top of her head to reveal that her assumptions were correct. Dabi stared at her with a sympathetic look in his eyes as he gently rubbed circles upon her shoulder. It felt as if her stomach was about to come out of her throat with so much fear. "It's okay. I'm right here," he sighed.

Karin hugged herself tighter as her eyes were gradually becoming blurry with tears. "W-What is this place," she whispered. Dabi sat on the mattress while pulling the small girl into his embrace. The cigar smoke hovered over his clothing and it was like being with a stranger all over again. He's changed so much... didn't he?

"I'm not allowed to say... I'm sorry. But I'm glad that you ended up getting saved. That's all that matters..." She couldn't find herself to hug him back. Knowing him, he was still upset with what happened in the hot springs. The mere thought of it made more tears swell within her eyes.
"Y-you're angry at me... and more so at Katsu..."