68: The Last Goodbye

(Besides the flowers, all the pictures in this chapter will be mine. Oh and don't forget the music!)

The blissful morning sun didn't have its time to shine on this day. The humid air felt breezy enough for the temperature to be cool, and more rain was approaching the city. Droplets danced upon window frames and the ticking of Eijirou's clock was what kept him up in the previous night. He was the first one to technically wake up in the morning, dreading to face this particular day. The blistering sound of thunder clapped vigorously in the far distance of his window as the pitter patter of hard rain comforted him in his bedroom.

He hasn't picked up his phone in about a week and a half. Dozens upon dozens of calls, voicemails, and messages filled his screen, making him turn away from it in annoyance. It's been forever it's he's actually continued to dye his hair red, so the color was slowly fading into black once more. The spiky fashion of his tressed were now worn down, and he started to look like his old middle school self again.

Eijirou heaved out a sigh as he dragged himself out of bed. His eyes were swollen from crying so much lately, and his usual upbeat mood was crushed since he didn't have the energy or need to smile anymore. The routine started off by taking a quick hot shower before forcing himself to actually dress up. A black button down shirt covered over his torso while a tie rested over the front. A belt held up his black dress pants while he also worn dark loafers. A thick musky cologne was sprayed on while he decided just to keep his hair down. The ends of his hair had turned back to its original color and he didn't bother to do anything to fix it.

 The ends of his hair had turned back to its original color and he didn't bother to do anything to fix it

He looked in the mirror one last time, going over to see if he looked presentable enough. As he stayed in the bathroom, he heard the footsteps of his family getting ready in the floor above. His little husky, Ray, clawed against the door, begging to see him. He ran a hand through his hair while rolling his eyes. "Dude... stop it.." Eventually he opened the door, seeing how the dog almost completely tackled him to the floor. It's been a while since he's actually spent time with Ray, and the poor animal only wanted lovins. The husky stood up on his hind legs while he nuzzled his nose into his chest. "Yeah yeah I'm sorry...."

His fingers gently grazed over the fur behind his ears, gaining a little bit of comfort. Ray was only two years old, and still had the energy of a pup. Unfortunately, the dogs presence didn't make him feel any better.

Nothing helped at the moment, so he remained stoic, believing that his life would only go downhill without her.

Eijirou walked out into the living room and noticed his father fixing up his shoes. He too had dressed up and was already waiting for his wife to finish up. The rain outside was slowly letting up, allowing for the sky to clear. Everything felt black and white as the house felt too quiet and lifeless to even seem occupied. Sato glanced up at his son. "You ready?" The man stood up from the couch, pulling the front of his trench coat to get rid of wrinkles.