27: Karin Kirishima: Found

Grey.

Black.

Blue.

Red...

It was intoxicating to see her own reflection in the mirror to discover that she wasn't the same person anymore that was in her memories. Karin's hair was messy and uncombed as bags hung under her precious eyes. She was pale wasn't eating like she used to. Dabi have been practically forcing her to eat something during the day and even then, she was debating on whether to throw it back up again.

He knew that her depression was persistent, so he had to come up with something fast. He thought that finally leaving it all would finally make her happy, but it left a mark.

No... it wasn't a mark. It was a deep scar. She was promised more for what she was given and it would no longer satisfy her to keep running. She needed to vent somehow.

He knocked on the bathroom door, startling her from staring at the reflection. "Y-Yes..?"

"When you're done, come to the basement. I'm gonna help you out."

"Help me out?" She opened the door and saw him with his arms crossed. His expression was solemn and many emotions fluttered through his body.
"Yup. Follow me."

He grabbed her wrist and started walking down the hallway toward the staircase. "Am I in trouble or..?"

"Does it look like I'm mad at you, kid?"

"We'll you're angry about something..."

The wooden staircase squeaked beneath their feet as they submerged into basements domain. A flick of the light switch drowned out the darkness and revealed the old room that Dabi fixed up long ago. The punching bag that was once hanging up was now laying against the corner, broken. There was an iron door against the back wall as workout equipment and prized possessions were organized along the opposite wall before it. It was a big open space for good opportunity.

"What are we doing?" Her voice was timid once more.

Dabi sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Look, I don't know what's going on through your damn head. I don't know of all the experiences you've endured or the people that pushed you to that point...." His hard stare locked eyes with her. "But I'm not going to let this drop. I want you to use your quirk on me. Show me exactly what's going on."

Karin frowned and fidgeted with her fingers. "I don't know about this.."

"Karin. Trust me. Use your damn quirk and show me everything that you've been bottling up so I can fucking help you."

He lent a hand out and waited for her to share the fragments of her power. But there was just so much fear. She understood well of his desperate plea, but would he be so accepting of it all? Would he hurt me if he saw.... would he leave?

"Karin it'll be okay."

He pulled her into a comforting hug and rested a hand on the small of her back. She took a deep breath and returned the tight embrace. Her skin glowed white as the light of it surrounded them both. Dabi's eyes widened and instantly his chest convulsed. An explosion of emotions tightened around him, making him stiffen as his eyes started to water. It was like taking glimpses of her life through her eyes alone. Memories spewed through his mind from what happened in UA and even before then.

His hands were shaking as his limbs became heavy with such grief. It was like a familiar grey blanket was placed over him as chains kept him trapped with depression. There was only emptiness and confusion.

So this is how it feels....

This is so familiar..

His eyes became dull but he didn't want to let her go. As long as she made contact with him, he would continue to feel this way and part of him didn't feel as if he'd have the courage to do so.