12: Cats, Calls, and Training

"Leave the cats alone god damn it! We already paid!!"

Karin was stuck in her seat as seven of them swarmed her. She smiled innocently as two were on her lap, one on her head, one on her foot and the other three messing with her clothes. She was practically stuck on the little couch of the cafe.
"I-I think they like me," she chuckled.

Odd... I haven't seen her laugh like that in a while..

Her eye color was yellow for once and she patted the two on her lap. He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "You're such a pain."

She frowned slightly. "Don't you want to pet one?" The white kitten on her lap rubbed up against her chest before nuzzling her neck with a slight purr. He made a disgusted look but at the same time, who doesn't like cats?
They were supposed to be at the gym by now, but they had all day to do that shit, he guessed.

He sighed in annoyance and sat by her. He hesitated but gently grabbed one of the cats from her head. It was a black cat with white irregular spots all over its body. A huge section of white covered his left eye, reminding him of Todoroki. The bastard looks just like it...
He pet it gently as it pawed lightly at his shirt.

She glanced down at her knees and seemed to be lost in thought. He raised a brow. What's up with her...?

Karin and her mother used to have a cat. When she was eleven years old, her cat, Maximus was a grey feline that was around even when her dad was alive..
He passed away early morning of old age and yet, she was the only one to mourn of him being "missing". Maximus was the last part of her father that she had left... well besides her purple bunny.

She missed him so much..

while her mother scoffed and was glad that it was out of her hair anyways. It died and Karin never knew about it..

"Karin?"

Bakugou waved a hand in front of her face to get her attention. "What the hell is wrong with you??"

Her eyes widened and she hadn't noticed that she had several tears dancing down her cheeks. "Oh.. s-Sorry..."

She wiped away her face and gently moved the cats away from her body before bolting up from the couch

He set his own cat aside as he tried to follow her out. She couldn't even face him and he had a sinking feeling in his chest. Her eyes were grey again..

Katsuki didn't take long to chase her out into the sidewalk before grabbing her wrist. "You're not just gonna leave that easy! Tell me what the fuck is going on!"

People passed by them with skeptical looks but they steamed clear from them. The city was busy at this time so he led her off to the side between two buildings. The alleyway was private enough for them to talk. He noticed how her hands were shaking as she kept her gaze low.