3: A Small Crush

(May have spelling errors! Sorry lol)

"So how was your date?"

"I-It was nice... b-but I didn't see it as a date." Karin blushed immensely as her eyes turned into a gold color. Mina and some of the other girls crowded around her desk.

"Oh, well Denki can be a bit of a flirt. What movie did you see?"

"Th-The Nun..."

Jirou chuckled. "Typical."

"We're you scared?"

Karin lowered her gaze and felt stupid for a second. Of course she was scared; the movie was terrifying! She slowly nodded and they all chuckled. "Don't worry! I saw it too and I was horrified," Toru giggled.

"He wasn't being too flirty was he?"

"N-no. I mean... he wasn't too pushy." Kirishima rested his elbows upon her desk and rose a brow. "What do you mean it didn't feel like a date to you?"

She sighed and clicked the end of her mechanical pencil so the lead would slide out before pushing it back through by the surface of the desk. "H-he's nice but...b-but I see him as a friend.."

He nodded. "Oh, I'll let him know that then." Mina chuckled and grabbed her bag.
"Alright dorks, ready to go to lunch now? I'm starving!"

Karin nodded and finally stood from her desk to join the group. She was still a bit shy and so she stuck close to Eijirou. Mina was someone she knew somewhat in middle school but she barely hung out with her. Her personality was so outgoing and positive and Karin didn't know exactly how to interact with someone like that without screwing up.

Kirishima tapped her shoulder and snapped her out of her thoughts. "What's up?" He noticed her irises changing to light blue.

Karin shook her head and avoided his gaze. "I-I ...um..." He frowned and waved the girls off.
"You guys go ahead towards the cafeteria! We'll catch up!"

They nodded and left the classroom, leaving them two alone. Eijirou sat upon her desk and gave her a look of concern. "KK, what's wrong?"

She frowned and shrugged. "I-I might not.. sitting with you guys today.... for lunch..."

"Aww. Why's that?"

She remained silent and swung her bag upon her right shoulder. "I-I don't feel welcomed..."

He hardened his arm and slammed his fists together. "By who? Who's ...... wait is it Bokugou? Karin, I told you he's just like that. Ignore him.."

She shook her head. "I-It's not just him..."

He froze up and his skin eventually went back to normal. "Who is it?"

She shook her head and regretted saying anything in the first place. "I'm fine... it's nothing important. J-just forget it."

He jumped off the desk and rested both hands on her shoulder. He looked worried. "Who is it?"

Karin lowered her gaze to the floor and felt her throat clenched from held up emotions. "Th-this class.... someone of them don't know how to feel about me..... some of them don't want to even be around me since they found out my powers."

It was obvious to read the emotions of others to find how they felt about her. It was nothing new but it was starting to get tiring. Eijirou seemed to have so many friends and he always managed to be so outgoing so it was hard for her to almost comprehend that. He's changed so much and yet she didn't know how she could fix herself.

Her eyes drifted towards the little scar on the corner of his right eye and she frowned. "You changed... and you now shine brighter than how you were in middle school. I-I'm trying to change.... but I don't know how to. You always seem like you know what your doing now."

Eijirou pulled her into a hug. "Hey it's okay. Look.... it's just... I chose to change myself for the better. It was hard and took a lot out of me but in the end it was worth it. Only you can help fix how you see yourself now. But don't hide this type of stuff from me. They just have to get used to you here, okay?"

She nodded and gently hugged him back. "Okay..."

He smiled and released her before grabbing his bag once again. "Look, I'll be there through it all in the cafeteria. You won't have to worry about everyone else, so just stick close to our small table. Besides, Mina likes you so she'll be there to talk to as well."

"Y-Yeah, I guess..."

~

"Yo, earth to Todoroki!"

Uraraka waved a hand in front of his face, pulling him back into reality. He was spacing out again and he cleared his throat.
"Sorry, I was just thinking. What did you say again?"

Ochako sat across from him as Deku sat next to her. "You've been acting off lately. You okay?"

It's true, ever since the Sports Festival, he's been more open and less distant from his classmates. But not only that, he's been spacing out more as his thoughts spiraled out of control. This was the second time in the past two hours.

"I'm fine."

Deku frowned and he glanced at Todoroki as he tried to see where his gaze was drifting off to in the cafeteria. He followed his line of sight and it seemed as if the boy was staring at Kirishima's table.
"You sure? Who are you staring at?"

Over there, Eijirou and Bokugou sat together as Karin and Mina sat across from them. Even Sero and Kaminari joined them to eat.

Todoroki lowered his gaze and shook his head. "N-no one.."
Uraraka' eyes widened. "Oh my gosh! He stuttered!"

Iida glanced at him as well. "They're right. You've been out of focus in the last few days. It's been worse since Karin Kirishima arrived to the school."
Oh my gosh he's so blunt.

Todoroki stiffened at his observation and Ochako's eyes lit up. "Omg! You like her don't you??"

He rolled his eyes while Deku about choked on his food. "W-What? That's awesome! Y-you have to go talk to her!"

Suddenly, a small wave of ice danced across the table and covered Uraraka and the freckled boy. Their eyes widened as they saw Todoroki's eyes narrow at them both. "Shut. It."

Iida was flipping out as he waved his hands in the air. "Todoroki! This is school property!!"

The boy rolled his eyes and stood up from his seat before leaving the table completely. Uraraka was shivering and she leaned against Deku. "S-So cold!!"

Midoriya's face turned red and he rubbed the back of his head. Too close-!!