41: Kyoki's Return

Ryo was past his limit. All night he couldn't sleep, thinking about everything that he was told earlier. The mere mention of Tomura or Dabi at the mall was enough to make him go insane. It was bad enough for everything he learned about the years he missed, the torture, the pain- but knowing that he might have it all snatched away from him in an instant again was too much.

He spent the night hours away in his thoughts, contemplating on whether he should sneak out when he had the chance. He knew exactly where the bar was from that night he met the League with Stain. The images and memories of seeing the disgusting pale villain still fresh in his mind. With his daughter on the line, he had the rage and true intent to slice open his very throat...

He was outraged, bloodthirsty, and willing to take risks just so Karin would be safe. Besides Sato's side of the family... she was all he had left. Sometimes he thought about visiting his wife and confronting her after everything that happened. He wanted to raise hell about everything... but he couldn't. Maybe it was because he still loved her.

He wished that she never changed and that she was the same woman that he fell in love with all those years ago. He wanted to be with that person so badly that at times he'd dream of uniting with her once more.

But this was the present. Maybe another time he'd do it when he gets the chance, but he had bigger fish to fry.

Ever since he practically moved into his brothers home, he's kept his valued weapons and stored items in the basement for safe keeping. He immediately shoved on his jacket over the bullet proof vest he kept, and glanced down at the half dragon mask in his grasp. It's been a while, but once again he wore it over his mouth and nose with pride. He was a changed man, but he still had the heart filled determination that's kept him alive all these years. At the time, everyone was asleep, so this was the perfect chance to escape. There was also the enormous case of money he once stole from a bank in Hosu. He planned to hire somebody to gather information about his daughter before, but now there was no need.

But with the 400,000 he took, he could use it as an advantage.

He raised the hood over his head and sauntered upstairs after gathering up his firearms and pocket blades. The wooden floors beneath him creaked slightly, but it wasn't enough to wake his family. Of course there was some hesitation, but he kept reminding himself as to why he was going out in the first place. This was about his daughter- his nephew! His beloved family that he hasn't been with in years! For all the memories and moments he's missed and for the heartache of not having the role of complete parenthood. Images of Karin and Kirishima graduating, going to prom, becoming adults swept through his mind.

I must be there to protect their future..

He turned the door handle and silently stepped out into the night before locking the front entrance of the home. This was it..

And he wasn't about to go back.

***

It was so often that people found Dabi in the bar late at night. This time, he was caught by Kurogiri with a glass of sake in hand. His forehead rested against the counter while his back was hunched over from fatigue. He's been even more depressed lately ever since he saw Karin at the mall. His ambition to see her again dwindled slightly, and he missed her even more. It was like nothing changed... as if she was better off without him.

She seemed so happy and completely normal when her and Yuga were at the store. Yeah the little blonde pissed him off half the time by just watching them, but he never blew his cover and he managed to keep an eye on her in the long run. From their little spy, he learned of Karin's behavior a lot more. He talked about the change in her mood whenever she talked about Katsuki and Shouto Todoroki. She likes one of them, but refuses to give up the answer as to whom. She's easy to read and her depression has dwindled from the last time they met.