Shadow Philemon grinned and looked over to the hysterical Philemon.

"But, do you want to know what the best part of this is? What the very thing I wish to tell you, Philemon..."

Philemon began to shake his head.

"I'm you! I'm a selfish, pitiful monster that deserves everything that's coming to him! Come on, kill me right now!"

Shadow Philemon walked backwards towards the wall of shadows. However, Philemon stood up and pointed at him.

"No... you're wrong... you're..."

Madran gasped.

"Wait, no, don't say it!"

Nightingale rushed over to Philemon to silence him. However, she was repelled and Philemon continued.

"You're... you're not me!"

Philemon stared at Shadow Philemon, who began to cackle once more.

"Oh, you dare! Say it again! Say it, you freak!"

"YOU'RE NOT ME!"

Shadow Philemon dropped to his knees in laughter and began to emit a black and red aura.

"Yes... you're right! I'm not you... I'm my own self! I'm free!"

Shadow Philemon stood up and began take in a mass amount of shadows. Once all of them had went into them, Shadow Philemon's laughter got distorted and he began to collapse, with his skin melting off and his bones falling about.

"Everyone, prepare for a fight!"

Madran's group readied to battle whatever Shadow Philemon would turn into, and Philemon, realizing his mistake, began to back up. Shadow Philemon, who was now a blob of bones and black liquid, began to expand, taking up most of the room aside from a small bit for Madran's group. He then rose from the puddle, and Madran instantly began a scan.

"Oh, good God, this isn't going to be fun."

Shadow Philemon's new appearance was a large, skeletal mass, with random limbs scattered around his large body. Bits and pieces of flesh hung from various parts of his body, and several masks took place of hands and fingers. His head was a melted Philemon face, with skin hanging off of the skull and dull grey eyes. He appeared to be dragging himself out of the ground and had multiple arms grabbing at the walls and floor to steady itself.

"Wait, Philemon-!"

Madran grabbed for Philemon, but his shadow was quicker, and grabbed his neck and held him in a chokehold. Madran then fired multiple Assault Dives at the arm to sever it, and Shadow Philemon raised his counterpart to his open mouth while Philemon had increasingly more trouble breathing. However, Yorick swooped in, chopped the arm completely off, and grabbed Philemon and planted him behind everyone, where he appeared to be fully unconscious. Shadow Philemon then turned his attention back to the group.

"Oh, crap, time to fight!"

Madran began a scan as everyone readied themselves.

"Ok, we're fighting Shadow Philemon now! Speak now or forever hold your silence, guys! He's weak to nothing and blocks Hama and Mudo. Let's take this bitch out!"

Shadow Philemon focused on the group.

"I am the shadow, the true self... now, let us fall into oblivion together! Your life has no meaning to the masses!"

Maya, who was quiet for most of the ordeal, spoke up.

"Philemon, stop this madness! I was so fueled by hate for so long, and now that the truth is in front of me, nothing is stopping me from helping someone so misunderstood!"